Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
is there an adjustable height coffee/dining table

available from Airstream? I don't find the hinged hanging table very stable. I thought I saw a picture of one in front of a couch. I would love a coffee table and then a sturdier dining table as well. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Or John Irwin, I bet you know how we could build one!
__________________

__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
Pahaska's Avatar
 
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,822
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
available from Airstream? I don't find the hinged hanging table very stable. I thought I saw a picture of one in front of a couch. I would love a coffee table and then a sturdier dining table as well. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Or John Irwin, I bet you know how we could build one!
Nothing available from Airstream AFAIK. If I recall correctly, Camping World has a table that converts from coffee table height to an expanded dining table.

It would be an interesting design challenge.
__________________

__________________
John W. Irwin
2014.5 Touring Coach, "Sabre-Dog IV"
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
so far I have seen

one that looks like a regular coffee table, the ones that swing up and closer and an interesting one that works much like an ironing board. I have read about someone using an old barbershop chair mechanism, and I found a restaurant table base that goes up and down.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
Nothing available from Airstream AFAIK. If I recall correctly, Camping World has a table that converts from coffee table height to an expanded dining table.

It would be an interesting design challenge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_9_13_mascotte.jpeg
Views:	692
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	8940   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00211sm.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	8942  

Attached Images
 
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:25 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Bob Thompson's Avatar
 
Corpus Christi , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 936
Images: 67
I have such a table in excellent condition for sale. We had it in our previous RV and kept it to use in our Airstream, but it doesn't work with our layout. Email me at: thombiz@yahoo.com and I'll send you pictures and more info. Thanks.
__________________
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
wheel interested's Avatar
 
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,039
thanks

I have e-mailed you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
I have such a table in excellent condition for sale. We had it in our previous RV and kept it to use in our Airstream, but it doesn't work with our layout. Email me at: thombiz@yahoo.com and I'll send you pictures and more info. Thanks.
__________________
Caroljb



photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Bob Thompson's Avatar
 
Corpus Christi , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 936
Images: 67
Here are pictures of the table:
If anyone is interested, I want $175 for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tablea.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	8945   Click image for larger version

Name:	tableb.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	8946  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tablec.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	8947   Click image for larger version

Name:	tablef.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	8948  

__________________

__________________
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50's Table?? GT1963 Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 17 09-03-2004 04:01 PM
Leaving table open while towing tnsue General Interior Topics 14 08-30-2004 03:35 PM
A/S Classic MH height? Midamrail General Motorhome Topics 7 08-13-2004 09:29 AM
Hitch Ball Height RivetED Hitches, Couplers & Balls 4 03-21-2004 09:25 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.