Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 31' Excella 500
Saint Charles , Missouri
Interior Walls

I looked through and did not see any postings so I will post this one. I just purchased a 31' Excella 500 which was gutted and some of the inner metal has been removed already and is gone. Is there a good video/posting that talks about putting new metal up and how much overlay the upper rows should have? More some, complete instructions on installing the new interior walls.

Also, I assume if I want to put put over the lower portion of the metal (like wanes coating) that would be OK to do as well?

Thanks in advance!

Signed,
New Airstream Owner
pejokerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejokerst View Post
Also, I assume if I want to put put over the lower portion of the metal (like wanes coating) that would be OK to do as well?
I suppose that would depend on what you intend to use as the wainscoting material, and how you intend to attach it to the wall. Your trailer walls will flex while in transit, so your wainscoting will need to flex with it.

Oh, and welcome to the AirForums! We're glad to have you with us.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1974 31' Excella 500
Saint Charles , Missouri
Good point, did not think about the trailer flexing. And thank you, proud to be in the group and an owner finally. With the wanes coat look, I was wanting the nice wood look as you would see in an upscale cigar lounge, nice book library, etc.
pejokerst is offline   Reply With Quote