Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Interior renovation

Engine questions have been answered and decision made. Now need to get serious with interior. Have been dreaming since I got Argosy mh over a year ago.I started out with a littlepocket notebook now I am up to a multi file organizer. Got to admit I am feeling a little overwhelmed.ok freaked out.So many things to do .I have a lot of plans the layout will be the same except no chairs .New kitchen cabinet with pullout storage and a drinking water tank built in. Haven't tested the original but like its oven size .You could put a big turkey in there .New sink. Need to put a fridge in also will redo pantry. maybe pullout. Bedroom area will stay the same may try to reface cabinets or replace wood in doors.Bathroom ,shower area seems to be in good shape no cracks may try painting or resurfacing.new toilet , would like to put custom sink in.new floor under sink some one cut access panels. new water lines .Was hoping to put in a tankless water heater and move water tank closer to wheel well but don't think that is in the budget considering it has a brand new water heater.I am also going to cover the inside with wood veneer covering the existing vinyl.and put a contrasting strip for the middle piece and end caps, also would like to use copper in some areas to match the trim on the cabinets.Maybe could form it for the lights fixtures in the front room and the exhaust hood in kitchen.Planning on cork for the floor won't do that until the very last when engine work is done.These are all things I want to do. There are couple of rot spots in the floor need to be taken care of I think they are small enough the epoxy thing will work, under the fridge I might put a new piece in or lay one over the existing floor .Also new fuzzy channel for the windows outside gasket too.At some point will need to change the windshield gasket but ok for now .Need to do some seam sealing on the roof .Going to take antennae off need room for my solar cells.Need to prime and repaint end caps and touch up paint .Am starting to get supplies that is half the battle finding places to get stuff .I am getting a little better at negotiating the forums that helps.If any one has any suggestions or ideas I will gladly listen to them I need all the help and support I can get. Looking for a place to start . the veneer I guess.Could I do it a part at a time or would it be better to take everything out and go from there? This forum has been such a big help.I am not sure I would have kept my Argosy if it hadn't been for this forum . the people here have given me hope that it is possible and I am not the only crazy one out here.When I think my reno is overwhelming it helps to get on the forums and check out other renos and I realize mine is not that bad I actualy am pretty lucky .Thanks for all the help past present and future. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gypsy Jo
Gypsy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Allready forgot acouple of things!New lpg lines ceramic heaters to replace furnace. I am thinking I should do the fuzzy channel in the windows first since that might get messy.Am hoping with everyones experience I can get this done without saying, I wish I would have done that first.
Gypsy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote