Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Tryon , North Carolina
Interior end caps

Hi there all!
With all of you that have restored your Airstreams, how do you get the interior end caps out? Do they come out in one piece? Do they need to be cut up to get them out? I do not want mine as I have other plans for the ends and was wondering if there is anyone who wants them? I could use some help and some advice here. Thank you in advance!
69Silvrbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
middleboro , Massachusetts
The front will come out easy. The back has more weight and is larger. I did not want to reuse mine because of the weight so I destroyed it. It probably could come out and reused if you had a few people and some patience.
supergg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
The end caps are pop riveted in place (you might also find a few screws in there for good measure.) Once you take them down, they will fit through the door. Obviously you have to take down a lot of the built-ins before you can get clear access to the rivets and the end caps.

If they are in good shape I am sure that someone will want them. They are kind of bulky and really cannot be shipped practically via common carrier so the new owner would have to pick them up.