Old 12-29-2004, 03:31 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Oakdale , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay
What makes vinyl uncomfortable for you?

It doesn't breathe or wick away perspiration.
Were you using cotton or flannel sheets?

"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:43 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Oakdale , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
I think it would be a cool look for the sofas to look like vintage car seats, or else like a racing seat (Nomex?) pattern. That would be black fabric with 2 inch quilted squares in black thread. I'm thinking about futons, so they would be futon covers. Or else just go with bold checkered flag pattern on the seats and then a tough garage flooring material which could be something like a gray rubber diamond plate.

I found this coin pattern PVC flooring that comes in a perfect 7.7' x 17' size. Talk about durable. http://www.bltllc.com/
I do like the racing seat pattern idea. You could have pillows that look like the tires on that car in your pic. Although black tire pillows wont show up well against a black seat, but the raised white letters would!

I think the grey floor might be a bit drab, compaired to the bold black and white checkered floor. Then again, do you want people looking at the floor? Meaning: Everyone's eyes will focus on whatever is bold.

"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

sovereignrwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:20 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Were you using cotton or flannel sheets?

Yes. It may be a personal thing but I find vinyl hot when it's hot, cold when it's cold and uncomfortable against my skin. I don't like peeling my skin off of it when I sit in chairs covered in vinyl. Placing a towel or such over the vinyl seating so skin doesn't stick seems to defeat the purpose of the design. I want comfort in all aspects-visually appealing and comfortable living.

Then there's the sqeaking, farting noises that vinyl creates when you move over it. Can you tell I am not a big fan of vinyl?

I like the coin pattern floor. Subdued, not too bold and the textured surface-interesting.