Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
This is a good thread.. I think the brown folding doors are too dark and oppressive. Thanks Chaplain Kent for the warning re the HD replacements, The sure looked good. I sew too, so I may try to make our own. Of course this is putting the cart before the horse. We go to see and hopefully buy a 310 this weekend. We are very excited!

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Chaplain Kent, you are absolutly right - these are cheap doors, but for the money they are quite effective in replacing the existing door until I can rebuild the original. I have called Vintage Airstream Supply on their door and got the exact description of the HD door, right down to the color options, plastic track and push on slides. I reused my old metal track and put on brass grommits to reinforce the holes in the vinyl. For the money it works and with the one year HD warrenty - I can always return it for a replacement until I get my original repaired and recovered.

BTW - when you get yours from Vintage - Please post pictures and quality - I would be very interested. I have allot more to buy from them and if it is better than HD I would buy one.

clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
Rivet accordion door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
We have the $23.00 trimmable folding door from Home Depot in our MH and soon will be ordering a new one from Vintage Airstream Supply. I only wish I had not wasted the $23.00 first. The one at Vintage is a custom door made for your opening out of a heavy duty vinyl and a heavy duty track. The HD model is lightweight, tears easily has a flimsy track which does not hold up to the vigors of road travels. The old adage you get what you pay for applies here.
thanks to everyone responding to my thread posts about the door i am working on.i promised the upholstery lady that i met in salem oregon while attending the international rally that i would furnish the rest of the parts. it isnt that i dont have them,rather it is that i want to keep the original dood intact.im hoping someone will read this thread sooner or later and respond with remnants of an old curtain/hardware ,usable for parts.
wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
sunnyvale , California
Rivet accordion door

does anyone have any of the aforementioned parts neede to complete the fabrication of the new door i am having made? thanks for any help
wayne wunder ,w.b.c.c.i./v.a.c.#4287 1962 19ft globetrotter
wunderful62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
The Woodlands , Texas
Does anyone know where I can get the carrier sliders (I think that's what you call them) that fasten to the top of the privacy accordian partition and hold the partition in the track and allows it to slide in the track? One of these carrier sliders (the first one) is broken due to rough road travel.

Any hints on how to replace the broken carrier slider would also be helpful.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberrobw View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the carrier sliders (I think that's what you call them) that fasten to the top of the privacy accordian partition and hold the partition in the track and allows it to slide in the track? One of these carrier sliders (the first one) is broken due to rough road travel.

Any hints on how to replace the broken carrier slider would also be helpful.

Thanks
I bought a 3/4 pocket door setup from Johnson Hardware. #111PD Super quality!!!!!!!
http://www.johnsonhardware.com/pdindex.htm
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Nixa , Missouri
pocket door

Hey Phrunes,

Do you have any pics of your pocket door instal from Johnson hardware? I am considering replacing the sometimes functional pocket doors on mine and am looking for solutions. Any tips on this?

Barry
Old 07-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
Understanding this thread is yonks old, I thought I would reply/query here anyhow to save topic spread.

I am curious if anyone has found manufactures, or knows who can assist with a project to replace the stock accordion doors with ones that are ceiling AC friendly to the hall and back room on a longer airstream? In my 28, with guests sleeping, and with the two accordion doors closed for privacy, if the AC system is in use, no ventilation is able to traverse to the back bedroom area. Apart from taking shears to the stock door webbing, which I suspect would look amateur, I would like to see what solutions others have come up with to this issue?

Ian