Old 11-16-2019, 06:52 PM   #1

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , North Carolina
Inside Cable Wire Connectors for TV

It appears that my cable that goes into the back of my TV is missing something that connects into the back of my TV,. The screw on part that hooks into my TV is missing the wire that plugs into the back of the TV. The cable is flexible and the wire inside of the cable is strains and not a solid wire. So I need to know what I hook that strain to (and how). What is the part number for the connector and how does it connect to this cable? The cable has the mesh on the outside of the cable with a small plastic inside that houses the strain wire. I am used to hooking up to a solid metal wire at the center of the cable and not sure I understand how this works. Please tell me the connector part brand and number and how it is supposed to connect / work. 2016 Flying Cloud 25.

Dgregfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
The connectors to the TV for antenna or cable is called an "F" connector.
Commonly, they're just crimped on the wire with a tool that squeezes the collar.
You're right, normally the center connector is a solid wire and has no added tip. I've never seen one for video that's stranded.
The mesh is called the shield, and it's the ground connector as well as shielding outside interference.
So, let's back up. Because a similar connector for AUDIO uses 22 ga. stranded wire, and is called an RCA plug. They usually have a red or white center piece. Although they don't have a shield, just a ground wire.
IF it component video or composite video it can also be run on a stranded RCA plug that's shown with a YELLOW center marker.
Although RCA's can be soldered, I find it's easier to buy a cable and cut it in half, then solder the bare wires, or replace the entire cable because it's normally accessible at both ends.
Does this narrow it down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA810B.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	356379   Click image for larger version

Name:	rca-composite-video-subwoofer-spdif-cable-coax-100-feet_NID0011120_700.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	356380  

Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:19 PM   #3

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , North Carolina
So what goes into the TV with this mess wire center. Does the correct connector have a tip that goes into the TV? The mess wire will not go into the back of the TV "connect plug"? Does the cable wire just crimp into the correct adapter that screws into the back of the TV? TV needs to have a solid wire inserted into the back of the TV but the Cable is limp..... mesh wire. How does the correct connector from cable wire to connector attach to the TV with this "limp" wire.... Does the connector have a solid plug that the wire just meshes up against inside the connector?
Old 11-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #4

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , North Carolina
Sorry I did not get all of your previous post before I replied. My cable is not standard Coaxial. It is a flexible cable without a solid center wire.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:22 AM   #5
CruiserGa

2004 25' Safari
Gainesville , Georgia
Maybe post a picture of the wire?
Maybe easier to help
Bmccorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
I got confused - at first I couldn't figure out were this wire was located on his truck (TV) so use to using TV as a short form for tow vehicle

Yep a pic would be helpful for clarity

Married With Airstream Blog Click Here
Blog Languages: English/French/Spanish
drbrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:30 PM   #7
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgregfarmer View Post
Sorry I did not get all of your previous post before I replied. My cable is not standard Coaxial. It is a flexible cable without a solid center wire.
In my trailer the television coax is an ultra thin cable (RG-316?) and not the large household type RG-6 cable. It does have an F-type connector on the end that fastens onto the television in the normal way.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:05 PM   #8

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Raleigh , North Carolina
Trying to attach picture but not sure I got it

I need an F type connection to television but the cable is small and flexible. Conductor wire is braided not solid copper. Would like compression right angle instead of solder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_20191206_160043.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	357344   Click image for larger version

Name:	0_20191206_160151.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	357345