Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Vashon , Washington
How to remove rear bath floor

Okay, I obviously need to remove and replace the rear bath floor on the sovereign. It appears to go under the side walls. How do I get it out and put a replacement in? How and where is it attached and to what? I just need some kind of an understanding of what I am getting into here. I don't see nails screws or rivets.
Silverslug75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Webb Lake , Wisconsin
I guess it all depends on how much work you want to do. Some of the forum members have done it with the shell on and replaced it in sections, and others have taken the entire shell off to replace it.

to get at the bolts holding the shell down, you will have to remove the lower interior skins and you will see them.

If you go into the forums and look under repairing and replacing floor and or frame, you will find out just how much fun it can be.

I live pretty close. If you have any questions, you can IM me.

good luck,
Mike
Olielulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Vashon , Washington
Here's my motive... I want to remove the floor rot around where the toilet was and I want to get out the black tank so I can install a household flush toilet. (this AS will not be traveling, it will be a stationary home hooked to a sceptic system) Can I just cut out the plywood above the tank to get it out? How is it the tank attached to the frame? I really don't want to deconstruct the whole backside of this baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olielulu View Post
I guess it all depends on how much work you want to do. Some of the forum members have done it with the shell on and replaced it in sections, and others have taken the entire shell off to replace it.

to get at the bolts holding the shell down, you will have to remove the lower interior skins and you will see them.

If you go into the forums and look under repairing and replacing floor and or frame, you will find out just how much fun it can be.

I live pretty close. If you have any questions, you can IM me.

good luck,
Mike
Silverslug75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
There are a couple of posts in today's thread "Got Rot Now What" that apply to your situation.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
portland , Tennessee
We just put a household toilet and hooked to sewer. If you need help email me. We are living in the AS.
netlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Limited
Snead , Alabama
I also have to remove bathroom floor, need any suggestions

New owner, Limited 34 footer. Very nice in general however bathroom/toilet floor is a PROBLEM, rotten wood for sure even going back into rear bedroom.

Any advise suggestions???
frankfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remove floor