Old 09-22-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Savannah , Tennessee
Help with interior layout

Hello,

I'm a first time poster but have been lurking and learning for a few weeks now. I have a 1965 AS Overlander that I traded a shotgun for.(no joke) I have stripped the interior (not the original) from the unit and replaced the floor using the shell on method mentioned here on the forum. I have my new floorplan worked out in my head but need a few basic dimensions. I need to know the typical kitchen seating layout. The dimensions of the seat, table, and between the seats (at the floor) Also, the countertop height and width as well as the minimum hallway width would be nice as well.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and will try to post pictures as time allows. I'll be installing a new skin from the windows down once the wiring is complete and the inner skin is back on.

Thanks,

Lane

Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
peejicky,

Here is a link from the Vintage Airstream Club site (airstream.net) to a PDF of the '66 overlander manual. It includes a diagram of the interior layout.

http://airstream.net/members/documen...s%20Manual.pdf

As far as the dimensions go, you should be able to determine approx dimensions from the diagram by comparing the interior measurements of you trailer to the measured dimensions on the diagram.

I would suggest you get some discarded cardboard and do some mock-ups. Since you are redoing the entire interior you may as well "customize" it to the dimensions of those who will be using it.

http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
The photos here might be of some help to you....

Vintage Airstream Home
Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Fairbanks , Alaska
I'm impressed. A shotgun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejicky
Hello,

I'm a first time poster but have been lurking and learning for a few weeks now. I have a 1965 AS Overlander that I traded a shotgun for.(no joke) I have stripped the interior (not the original) from the unit and replaced the floor using the shell on method mentioned here on the forum. I have my new floorplan worked out in my head but need a few basic dimensions. I need to know the typical kitchen seating layout. The dimensions of the seat, table, and between the seats (at the floor) Also, the countertop height and width as well as the minimum hallway width would be nice as well.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and will try to post pictures as time allows. I'll be installing a new skin from the windows down once the wiring is complete and the inner skin is back on.

Thanks,

Lane
Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Savannah , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wader
peejicky,

Here is a link from the Vintage Airstream Club site (airstream.net) to a PDF of the '66 overlander manual. It includes a diagram of the interior layout.

http://airstream.net/members/documen...s%20Manual.pdf

As far as the dimensions go, you should be able to determine approx dimensions from the diagram by comparing the interior measurements of you trailer to the measured dimensions on the diagram.

I would suggest you get some discarded cardboard and do some mock-ups. Since you are redoing the entire interior you may as well "customize" it to the dimensions of those who will be using it.
Wader,

Thanks for the link. I think I can print the diagram and scale it from a known dimension. My layout will differ from the one in the manual but the minimum requirements for hallway, legroom in the dinette, etc will help greatly.

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Savannah , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska1966
I'm impressed. A shotgun?
Alaska1966,

It was a Browning BPS that I won at the NWTF banquet. I found it on my local craigslist and made the offer. Its going to be quite a project but I look forward to it. I was thinking of naming her Annie after Annie Oakley.(LOL)
Old 11-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
Airstream Guy
Commercial Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
1967 22' Safari
1964 22' Safari
Marion , Kansas
Question about the 65 Overlander

Hi,

Can you give me the interior height and width of a 65 Overlander?
Should be the same for 66-68 too. Thank you