Old 09-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
Bellevue , Washington
Have couch/convertible bed - should I get rid of it?

Hello -
I have the couch/convertible bed from my 1985 airstream Sovereign 27. The airstream has two twins (for the kids.) We sleep on the "full" convertible/couch. I would categorize it somewhere between awful and horrendous in terms of comfort for sleeping. I ended up pulling it out and replacing it with a "temporary" ikea (sawzall modified) frame and mattress (which is actually awesome except for the poor space utilization.)

Here's my conundrum; the couch/bed frame has been following me like a ghost for 18 months. I cant bring myself to toss it because I worry I may decide i need it when I go to get a new bed situation built (even though I do hate it so.) I also have a weird idea that it might be valuable to someone committed to a stock airstream interior restoration and yet uneducated in the terrorist ways of the thing.

I'm tempted to burn it for the pure cathartic release but I thought I'd ask for some input here before I proceed to my next phase.

I live in Bellevue WA on the off chance someone is looking to buy it or steal it from me (I could arrange an unlocked door.)

thanks
John

Old 10-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
Josi the Silver Bullet

1993 34' Excella
Festus , Missouri
Loved this.....

I also have a weird idea that it might be valuable to someone committed to a stock airstream interior restoration and yet uneducated in the terrorist ways of the thing.

I'm tempted to burn it for the pure cathartic release but I thought I'd ask for some input here before I proceed to my next phase.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I removed the front couch to make room for a recliner. The couch easily came apart. It is currently stored in the garage. My problem is the house is up for sale and I do not want to be tied to a storage facility after I move full time into the trailer. Need to decide what to do with the couch pieces. Next trailer owner might want it back in the trailer.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote