Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2004, 07:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
hacksack vs travasak

Anyone compare these two bedding systems? We have the corner bed and looking to make bedmaking easier. Just received the HackSack by Leisure Products. This system comes in full, the Travasak jumps from twin to queen. But I was wondering if the Travasak was better made and thicker with more loft. Anyone use either? Or better yet compare the two?

Thanks.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:48 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I have had both in the past. I had a double HackSack in my Scamp and a queen TravlSack in my TrailManor.

I found that the TravlSack was by far the best of the two unless HackSack has changed since I bought mine. The HackSack had just short strips of Velcro with gaps between and I was always getting a foot or elbow caught between strips. Also, it was very easy to pull the HackSack sheets loose from the sack. The TravlSack has continuous Velcro and stayed prioperly assembled.

My biggest complaint was that they were either too hot or too cold and I often had to pull the velcro apart to get comfortable. Also, since they were symmetrical, there was way too much bag up around my face, especially with the thick layer on top.

If I were to buy one again, I would buy the TravlSack. Fortunately, I now have a bed that can be made up with normal bedding and I am much happier with that than with either sleeping bag.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
continuous velcro

Thanks for your comments John. The Hacksack now has continuous velcro along the bottom and sides with none at the top, which I have not decided is a good thing or not. I had ordered the Hacksack before posting. The full size is still several inches wider than the 25' side bed. I think you are probably correct in preferring the Travasak but still have not seen one in person. But I still have to think that the span from 52" (?) bed to 66" Travasak will just give me way too much excess since I am not able to tuck in on either side because all the matress sides being walled in. Of course I could narrow the one side and resew the zipper in if I really had to have the Travasak. Wonder how the loft and fabric compares?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The Travlsack had slightly more loft, but the heavy side of either was plenty warm in the trailer at quite low temperatures. Both were well made.

The extra loft of the TravlSack was a problem with the thick side up. It wouldn't stay folded down at the top and kept covering my face which was uncomfortable.

The reason I bought the HackSack was , just as you say, it came in a full size width and the TravlSac came only as a queen. The queen would have been too wide for my Scamp. My comment that I would buy the TravlSac today is because I have a full qqueen in my Airstream. Since the HackSack now has continuous velcro, it would be a toss up today and I would look for the best bargain.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote