Old 05-26-2008, 01:34 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
dade city , Florida
well to clarify more, we ripped out the top layer, it started by ripping out the 2" build up in the back and when we did, we found our back yard! The original floor in the bathroom was completely rotted out so we decided to go ahead and replace all the flooring, any suggestions on the easiest way to remove the original? Also, is there suppose to be some sort of under belly in the back? It's 2:30 am now, I'm going to try to whip up some type of quick sketch of a possible floorplan on the comp so you can see, anything problems, inconveniences, waste o space, or anything else wrong please let me know, I always welcome constructive criticism!
Thank!

Old 05-26-2008, 04:44 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
dade city , Florida
This is what i've got for basics, it was done on the paint program thing and isn't to scale obviously, but just for an idea I think it should be sufficient for now, I'll try to get around to scanning soon, I need to pick one plan before though.

This is what I'm attempting to squeeze around the windows and wheel wells.

most recent progress-

BEFORE:

AFTER:

YIKES!!:

"WTF is this" pctures

This is placed right in front of the original sink, it's about 6" deep x 6" across. It's a sealed pvc pipe thing, all we could figure was some sort of "secret compartment" type deal. IDK?

This I guess would have been just on the outside of the bath room wall, a little to the "drivers side" it kind of looks like the duct for air vents on the floor in a mobile home. IDK?

This is sort of the same, I think, kinda like floor vent duct things but it's basically across from the door, once again, IDK

anyway, Thanks in advance for any questions answered or suggestions made.

-Tara

Old 05-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristara7
well to clarify more, we ripped out the top layer, it started by ripping out the 2" build up in the back and when we did, we found our back yard! The original floor in the bathroom was completely rotted out so we decided to go ahead and replace all the flooring, any suggestions on the easiest way to remove the original? Also, is there suppose to be some sort of under belly in the back? It's 2:30 am now, I'm going to try to whip up some type of quick sketch of a possible floorplan on the comp so you can see, anything problems, inconveniences, waste o space, or anything else wrong please let me know, I always welcome constructive criticism!
Thank!
If you are talking about replacing all the plywood subfloor then you might want to check out the following thread and especially my post #3 where I provide a pointer to more details.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...off-28824.html

You are also going to want to check out and repair your frame if needed while you are at it. There are lots of threads discussing both subjects here in the Forums. Try using the search for things like "frame repair" or "floor repair".

Malcolm
Old 05-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
One way to play with the floor plan is to use some colored masking tape on the floor - and maybe walls too. Maybe even uses some cardboard as temp walls to get the feel for the size of things.

In my unit the orignal step shower/tub was oriented with the long direction cross-wise and the step over the wheel well. If you have enough space front to back you might be able to slide your shower to the outside edge of your wall and let the step sit above the end of the wheel well. Otherwise it might take less space overall if you do orient it cross-wise and let the step be over part of the wheel well.

If you don't mind the idea of having the shower in the middle you might be able to use a normal residential shower pan of about 36" x 60" to fit almost wall to wall between your wheel wells and flat on the floor. You could make a base for the toilet that was at the height of the shower pan curb and the base of the vanity could be on the oposite wall above the other end of the pan. If at least the toilet end of the bath was a wet bath you could use the toilet itself as a bench. The overall shower would be much larger.

Malcolm
Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
dade city , Florida
I think we have to put Airianna on the back burner for a couple weeks, we have to remodel the master bath/closet in the house and aparently we're starting another buisness, but at least that'll give me more time to figure out the floor plan and get a black tank
-Tara
Old 05-27-2008, 07:39 PM   #34
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
For whenever you get started again, the ducts are for the forced-air furnace, the black tank sat on the floor, and I paid $800 for a virtually identical fridge.
So, you bought a fridge, and got a free trailer to haul it around.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #35
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristara7
well, the guy had been using it as a "mobile bait and tackle" shop lol. It was strange, to say the least,but I put up a few pics. the floor seems to be great, except by the door which we will re-do and the a/c works, thats all the biggies I know to look for. We plan to do all the work ourself, it's going to be our project. One major question though, it has 12v and 210 wiring, which is better? or does there need to be a little of both? As of right now, we have taken everything out but the fridge, part of the tub frame and front area where theres a radio.

I think if you click on the picture it opens the slideshow

Wow, have you EVER got a job ahead of you there. But man, will it ever be rewarding when you get it done!

And hey, thanks for showing me another way Photobucket can be used. Never knew a slideshow could be so easy to email!

cheers,
Aage
Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
dade city , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage
Wow, have you EVER got a job ahead of you there. But man, will it ever be rewarding when you get it done!

And hey, thanks for showing me another way Photobucket can be used. Never knew a slideshow could be so easy to email!

cheers,
Aage
Yea, we didnt think it was going to need new floors, plumbing and electric but at least we did basically get it free, we definately have a project ahead but it will definately be worth it in the end. We now have half the original floor tore out and that was easier than we thought it'd be.

And, of course, no prob on the photobucket thing, lol