Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 22
Charlottesville , Virginia
Goucho Rear Support Mechanism

So I finally finished upholstering new foam for my old front goucho (BTW- foam and cloth = $140, I sewed it together). The PO ripped out the old foam and goucho top. Now I have no idea how the rear support is supposed to support itself (I do have a wood panel in the rear of the foam back) so that I have a sturdy back to my couch. Can anyone show me pictures of what supports the goucho in the back so that you can lean back on the cushions? Pictures would help immensely.
Thanks,
Ken
uniquemicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
support

On our '74, there is a narrow shelf just below the front window that goes across most of the width of the trailer. The upper part of the back cushion rests against this shelf. There is a piece of plywood in the back cushion which keeps it upright and provides some support. There is a piece of fabric that connects the back cushion and seat cushion, which keeps the bottom of the back cushion from sliding around.

There are several threads that show some extensive remodels that include pictures of the original shelf and how folks have made modifications. On the some trailers, there appears to be a storage box that supports the back cushion. Lots of options.
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
oops- sideways

Hi- here's a pic of the gaucho assembly from my '72 shop manual, hope it helps. Maybe you can print it and turn it right side up, as I think it's going to show sideways. -tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	121-2118_IMG.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	76881  
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
couch, cushion, foam, gaucho