Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Free Airstream parts may be available soon.

Hello all,

I have gutted a 1962 Safari and may have some parts to give away in the near future. I was just curious to see if there would be any interest. The items that I may have which may or may not be working include a pressurized water tank, fridge, water pump, water heater & oven/stove. Again, I am unsure of the working condition of these items. If you do have any interest please let me know. I live in Kamloops, BC and would definately prefer that the items be picked up.

There is one small catch....

I do ask that if anyone does take any or all of the items that the make a donation 1$ or $20 depending on the condition of the item to a charity of your choice.

Thank you and let me know if you are interested and I will let you know when thes items may be available.

Have a great night.

David
dsakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Great of you to think of us and offer these parts up.

I might be interested in the "water pump" if it is the original Grover. It would actually be a air pump.

If you can ship it that is. I understand the hassle of shipping parts across the boarder. If you can figure out what it will take to get it here I may still be interested.

I wish I was close. I would be interesting in the reefer as will but it would not be worth the trouble to ship something that large to the states.

Thanks.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Hello Toaster,

Great name by the way. Uhhh yeah... I knew all along it was an air pump. Just testing you. Yeah right. I didn't have a clue. I told you I was new at this. I have a feeling that I will be asking alot of questions. All the help here is amazing. If you send me your email I will send you a pic and you can let me know if you are interested.

Have yoursellf a great night.
David
dsakaki@shaw.ca
Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Albuquerque , New Mexico
thanks

What a wonderful way of sharing. I have plenty of groups I try to support and this is a great way to motivate giving. cool idea.

I would be interested in the fridge...well actually I am in search of a door to a fridge. Do you know what model fridge you have? I'm seeking a door for a Dometic M-70. The model number should be located at the base behind a cover plate that pulls open folding down. Good luck with your project and your giving.
knjobrien5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks for offering these items and not sending them to the landfill. I'm sure you'll get some takers. Any other items that may become available? Just let us know, the smaller ones would be easier to deal with if you're willing to ship. In most case, folks would be willing to pay for the shipping in exchange for smaller original vintage parts.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Hello knjobrien5,

I am at work right now but I will check on that door for you tonight.

Have a great day.
David
Old 10-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Hello knjobrien5,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I couldn't log on to this site. Anyways, bad news, my fridge is a Norcold.

Have a good one,
David
Old 10-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
Do you have the round cieling light fixture covers that are about 21" in diameter (sorry no picture right now...can take one if you think you may have the part)
Also, I am looking for a lens/cover for the rectangular light fixture as pictured above the sink in the attached picture.

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _

squrlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:58 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

dsakaki, do you have any room dividers (the accordian door). All I need are the plastic clips that hook the door to the track at the top. I also am also looking for a window frame, Approx. 18inches x 39 inches. Thats all. Thank you.
airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #10
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
How about a rock-guard for the front window?

-Tracey

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _

squrlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote