Hi guys any help would be greatly appreceated! I am renovating my 1982 Airstream 280 turbo diesel and am running into a challenge.
The reneral gist of the renovation was and is to update the interior by removing the original carpets and putting hardwood down refinishing the bathroom and installing new trim. throughout the rv.
Once I got started I found many old waterspots on the plywood throughout the MH however the floor was sound until I removed the carpet around the cockpit area.. On both sides in almost identical spots I seem to have a leak one next to the wall on the passenger side and once I pulled the carpet up, one on the drivers side. The passenger side is fine though damp and I throughly sprayed the area with bleach to kill and mold or other bacteria and it is drying nicely...... The drivers side on the other hand I can stick a screwdriver through.. Not good....
Now interestingly enough the plywood here is laid on top of a piece of steel and looks to be screwed in I will post pics of the screws and the area...
Has anyone ever removed these before or know the procedure to do so.. it looks as if there are three pieces of wood one on either side of the doghouse and one in front they all have these massive phillips head screws attaching them it seems.
The floor in general is getting sanded down and is going to get a coat polyurathane before I lay the the new hardwood floor and to protect it from any further damage.