Old 03-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
FB model dinette drawer

Our 25 FB model has a drawer under the dinette next to the door. It keeps falling off and out of its tracks and onto the floor.

If anybody else has had this problem. How did you fix it?

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Our 25 FB model has a drawer under the dinette next to the door. It keeps falling off and out of its tracks and onto the floor.

If anybody else has had this problem. How did you fix it?
Yes,

The problem is the tracks that hold the drawer are not secured sufficiently to the upper support (the wood bottom of the seat) and they flex outward allowing the drawer to disconnect from the track rails and drop. The solution is to reinforce the tracks on the upper support so they can not flex outward. Additional "L" channels on the outside edge of each track will do the job. Th channel should be about 1" X 1" X 10", but measure yourself since I have a reputation for overestimating length and girth.

time

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Yes,

The problem is the tracks that hold the drawer are not secured sufficiently to the upper support (the wood bottom of the seat) and they flex outward allowing the drawer to disconnect from the track rails and drop. The solution is to reinforce the tracks on the upper support so they can not flex outward. Additional "L" channels on the outside edge of each track will do the job. Th channel should be about 1" X 1" X 10", but measure yourself since I have a reputation for overestimating length and girth.

time
I'm not going near that last sentece.

Does the "L" you are describing have the short end of the L on the bottom of the seat with the longer end going down the bracket? I'm having trouble imagining where the 10" part is affixed in the modification.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 03-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
So Easy, a union official could do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
I'm not going near that last sentece.

Does the "L" you are describing have the short end of the L on the bottom of the seat with the longer end going down the bracket? I'm having trouble imagining where the 10" part is affixed in the modification.
The 10" is linear along the length of the track where it meets the bottom of the seat. Or in other words, take a 1" X 1" L bracket and picture extruding that shape 10" long. The 10" runs parallel to the trailer North-South. Or..you could also take several "L" brackets that were 1" X 1" X 1" at equally space them to give support.

It is all a matter of taking up the slop in the brackets that hold the tracks in place. Poor engineering to say the least Goin, I have faith in your adaptive skills, if not your brute force stamina. Of course there are other options, one could rip the friggin drawer out and then just tape a couple shoe boxes to the floor and have the same storage. And Mrs Goin can paint little scenes on the shoe boxes to add a unique flair to your aluminum hut.

just saying

time
Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Thanks Time,

It's out now and the area looks roomier. I may go with your plan or an L on each side of the brackets.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We had the same problem. We solvrd it with a velcro strip to hold the drawer. Problem solved.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
We had the same problem. We solvrd it with a velcro strip to hold the drawer. Problem solved.

Brian
More details please.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #8

1977 25' Tradewind
Sweetwater , Tennessee
Drawer Problem in 2006 FB unit

We had the same problem and I found that the drawer was not handy to use. We took the drawer and drawer guides off and picked up the plastic file storage boxes at K-Mart to sit on the floor. When I needed a file, I set the whole thing out on the table where it was easy to use and see. The drawer became a "seat" when I was working on something low. Not one of Airstreams best ideas.