Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
FB model dinette drawer

Our 25 FB model has a drawer under the dinette next to the door. It keeps falling off and out of its tracks and onto the floor.

If anybody else has had this problem. How did you fix it?
__________________

__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
TIMEMACHINE's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,293
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Our 25 FB model has a drawer under the dinette next to the door. It keeps falling off and out of its tracks and onto the floor.

If anybody else has had this problem. How did you fix it?
Yes,

The problem is the tracks that hold the drawer are not secured sufficiently to the upper support (the wood bottom of the seat) and they flex outward allowing the drawer to disconnect from the track rails and drop. The solution is to reinforce the tracks on the upper support so they can not flex outward. Additional "L" channels on the outside edge of each track will do the job. Th channel should be about 1" X 1" X 10", but measure yourself since I have a reputation for overestimating length and girth.

time
__________________

__________________
Travel is in my blood, adventure is my passport, aluminum is my favorite construction medium, and therefore, an Airstream was my destiny.
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Yes,

The problem is the tracks that hold the drawer are not secured sufficiently to the upper support (the wood bottom of the seat) and they flex outward allowing the drawer to disconnect from the track rails and drop. The solution is to reinforce the tracks on the upper support so they can not flex outward. Additional "L" channels on the outside edge of each track will do the job. Th channel should be about 1" X 1" X 10", but measure yourself since I have a reputation for overestimating length and girth.

time
I'm not going near that last sentece.

Does the "L" you are describing have the short end of the L on the bottom of the seat with the longer end going down the bracket? I'm having trouble imagining where the 10" part is affixed in the modification.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
TIMEMACHINE's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,293
Images: 2
So Easy, a union official could do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
I'm not going near that last sentece.

Does the "L" you are describing have the short end of the L on the bottom of the seat with the longer end going down the bracket? I'm having trouble imagining where the 10" part is affixed in the modification.
The 10" is linear along the length of the track where it meets the bottom of the seat. Or in other words, take a 1" X 1" L bracket and picture extruding that shape 10" long. The 10" runs parallel to the trailer North-South. Or..you could also take several "L" brackets that were 1" X 1" X 1" at equally space them to give support.

It is all a matter of taking up the slop in the brackets that hold the tracks in place. Poor engineering to say the least Goin, I have faith in your adaptive skills, if not your brute force stamina. Of course there are other options, one could rip the friggin drawer out and then just tape a couple shoe boxes to the floor and have the same storage. And Mrs Goin can paint little scenes on the shoe boxes to add a unique flair to your aluminum hut.

just saying

time
__________________
Travel is in my blood, adventure is my passport, aluminum is my favorite construction medium, and therefore, an Airstream was my destiny.
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Thanks Time,

It's out now and the area looks roomier. I may go with your plan or an L on each side of the brackets.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
Moderator
 
moosetags's Avatar

 
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,764
Images: 5
We had the same problem. We solvrd it with a velcro strip to hold the drawer. Problem solved.

Brian
__________________
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
We had the same problem. We solvrd it with a velcro strip to hold the drawer. Problem solved.

Brian
More details please.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #8
New Member
 
1977 25' Tradewind
Sweetwater , Tennessee
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Drawer Problem in 2006 FB unit

We had the same problem and I found that the drawer was not handy to use. We took the drawer and drawer guides off and picked up the plastic file storage boxes at K-Mart to sit on the floor. When I needed a file, I set the whole thing out on the table where it was easy to use and see. The drawer became a "seat" when I was working on something low. Not one of Airstreams best ideas.
__________________

__________________
jwalden66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
free drawer bins joqin Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 7 05-20-2007 10:45 AM
New drawer pulls look great ! donnall General Motorhome Topics 0 12-13-2004 08:49 PM
File Drawer RoadKingMoe 2001 Limited 0 04-24-2004 06:14 PM
Rear storage drawer Geri Exterior Storage Compartments & Access Doors 5 08-02-2003 08:46 AM
Drawer latches eracism Cabinets, Counter Tops & Furnishings 1 11-04-2002 10:37 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.