Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Bend , Oregon
Dinette value

We purchased a new 07 model 31' Classic Ltd. Now my wife wants to do some remodeling. She wants to remove the dinette and replace it with a table and chairs. No major problems with the remodel but I don't want to just throw away a perfectly good dinette. How much is the thing worth? Is it OK to offer it for sale on these forums?
jfowler218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfowler218 View Post
We purchased a new 07 model 31' Classic Ltd. Now my wife wants to do some remodeling. She wants to remove the dinette and replace it with a table and chairs. No major problems with the remodel but I don't want to just throw away a perfectly good dinette. How much is the thing worth? Is it OK to offer it for sale on these forums?

Place your ad in the Classified section...I don't know what its worth. I'm a dinette fan, if you were closer I'd be interested.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I sold the dinette booths from a 2004 classic for $200. These booths were never used. I kept the hickory table for my remodel.

Hope it helps,

Steve
Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
You might want to consider the lost storage space in the two drawers underneath the dinette. We use all of our storage space in our 31 Classic and these two drawers are really handy for food and cooking utensil storage. But I'm sure you will find plenty of people who are willing to take it off your hands if you really want to replace it.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
Think 2x before you take it out. Chairs move and need to be stored. We love our dinette area, the reason we bought the gal we did. I find it a nice place to sit, tabel down and serves as a bed ( older we get sometimes we need that bit of space tossing and turning)
Good luck! Also we like it as it just sits 4 and a nice place to play cards.
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Bend , Oregon
I sold it for $200.00.
jfowler218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Great news, now replace it with something better!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Solution #1: Keep the dinette and sell the wife, who it seems really wanted the version with a table and chairs. I don't understand it because I love the dinette and yours also has a sofa, but it's not my trailer nor my wife.

Solution #2 (costs less than #1) Maybe someone with the other version will swap with you. Might be easier to install since they're all Airstream products and I'm sure another table and chairs will cost a bunch of money more than you can get for the dinette. You can try a swap on the classifieds.

Better make sure the floor under the dinette seats looks ok—I think it's carpet in that model, but there may be none under the dinette seats. The same issues about the surface behind where the dinette seats meet the exterior wall could be a problem. That "new" Classic has been sitting around a while and carpet or other surfaces may have changed color where exposed to air and light and removing things now may mean a line of color difference. The dinette seats are screwed to the floor and there will be holes and crushed carpet (or worse, no carpet) underneath. Hot water and a spoon rubbed on it vigorously can sometimes restore the carpet. The dinette table will have been mounted to the exterior wall and there will be something to restore there.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
If anyone else is considering removing their hickory side dinette table I am looking to get one. I would like to have a narrower table in the end dinette, and still be able to revert back to using the wider original table at times too. Thanks.

And/or a hickory drop down table either dinette or lap top table. OK, let's edit the whole thing, anyone having any hickory pieces living area or bedroom, let me know, please. I'd like to incorporate some changes if I have the opportunity.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Carol,

I have a 24" hickory cabinet with dual roll out drawers and corian top. See it in the classifieds.

Steve
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
thanks Steve I will take a look and measure.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic S/O
NEWNAN , Georgia
Chairs Versus Dinnette

We did away with our dinnette right after we bought our 2005 Classic a year ago. It gives it a much roomier feel. We used heavy duty velcro on the chair leg bottoms and the bottom of the small end table. The end table has a removable lid and adds back some of the storage lost. I can hardly move those chairs when I need to because of the velcro, so the velcro does a good job. Also we have carpet tiles below them, so the velcro sticks well to the carpet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream slideout.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	73521  
Whippet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I sold the dinette booths from a 2004 classic for $200. These booths were never used. I kept the hickory table for my remodel.

Hope it helps,

Steve
I don't have it installed yet. After having to replace the refrigerator, my other remodels got pushed back. It was a bargain and it's really going to update my Excella. Thanks again Steve!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Of course Vaughn.

Maybe with these low gas prices and tow vehicles cheaper than ever, we can get you up to Branson.

Steve
Old 01-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Very cool! I love it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippet2 View Post
We did away with our dinnette right after we bought our 2005 Classic a year ago. It gives it a much roomier feel. We used heavy duty velcro on the chair leg bottoms and the bottom of the small end table. The end table has a removable lid and adds back some of the storage lost. I can hardly move those chairs when I need to because of the velcro, so the velcro does a good job. Also we have carpet tiles below them, so the velcro sticks well to the carpet.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic S/O
NEWNAN , Georgia
Thanks! This is sort of funny, but yesterday morning I was looking for something online for our Airstream and I somehow got to your blog. LOL! I can't wait to see your end result. It is looking good and I love the sink. Cool! Have Fun!
Whippet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #17
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
OK, it's sold . . . but for us non A/S owners, it would help to know dimensions. I was considering a dinette that folded down for sleeping, and the space was but 5'5" long to work with. Width was no matter, generally. So, you others who are reading this thread to price your piece, remember to include all dimensions, please.

Very nice look, Whippet2!
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote