Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Comparison of 25-28' floor plans

Since my purchase of a Safari 25 a friend has been toying with the idea of getting an Airstream. In discussing space an interesting consideration came up that I thought would be a topic for Airstreamers and potential owners - actual differences in space between the 25, 27 and 28 footers. Obviously there are differences in dinette vs. lounge, etc but what about other considerations? I hadn't really studied the differences between the 25, 27 and 28 foot later model Airstreams but it appears that the difference between the 25 and 27 is the 90 degree rotation of the bed and additional (minimum of 15") space to the bedroom with the remainder of inches used as bed walk-around space and a few inches added to the galley counter and wardrobe. Anyone know how much space beyond the 15" of room for bedswing is offered in the 27' versus the 25' in the galley countertop space or wardrobe-what is gained in moving up from the 25 to the 27 besides the bed rotation? What about differences between the 27 and 28 in interior storage (dinette vs lounge difference aside) space?

Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
You fill up all the space you're given, so why not think about use; towing, parking, weight and how you live. If space is a big deal a fifth wheel trailer is a choice.

I think of the 27' as a front bed version of the 28'. From 2012 there are two 25's, front bed or rear bed. There are a zillion threads on front vs rear bed and it all comes down to "I like . . .".

The question is really not solvable with an adding machine, it's about personal preference and everyone is different. Best to go and try them on, see how they feel.

doug k

Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I agree that it is personal preference but there are other differences besides bed in front or back. That is what we were looking at on the AS website- all the stuff/space in between.