Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Kimmell , Indiana
Ceiling trim

I am needing the vinyl trim strips that cover the edges of the alumionum on the ceiling of my 69 overlander. They snap into the extrudede aluminum rails that run fore and aft. Inland says "not available" Has anybody found something else that works?
Hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
I need them, too!!! I "peeled" the perished/rotting ones from our 80 Excella before I knew what I was doing. Mea Culpa. At the time I thought we would be doing something else with our interior. Either painting or "paintable wallpaper". I have since become--kinda--fond of the beige walls. They ARE sticky, but I think we can take care of that thanks to the great discussions of "the sticky" here. I'm still not sure what to do with the reddish sections around some of the front windows, but I would like to try to keep the original sticky vinyl wall covering if we can. The red thing also seems to be a problem with the windows in the front/lounge areas--and some of them are cracked. Not the windows, but the "frames". The windows function fine, but we have removed the curtains and are replacing them with wooden 1.5 inch blinds from IKEA. They look fine down, but when we raise the shades you can see the cracked plastic around them and the baked/reddened area. ANY help will be appreciated! We haven't gotten rid of--or ruined--any of the things we have taken out. We could still put the original curtains back up if there is no alternative.

Thank you for your help,
Sue
Disneysue925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
1969 31' Sovereign
Ft. Worth , Texas
We're looking for these strips too or a replacement?? Did you ever stumble on a viable option?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Kimmell , Indiana
I havent found a solution yet...The project is on "hold" for the winter. I'm thinking of using some kind of exterior vinyl trim held by velcro.
Hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote