Old 07-13-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1995 21' Sovereign
Petaluma , California
Carbon Monoxide detector displaying 29

Hello,

We have a kidde dual CO/explosive gas detector in our AS. This morning I checked the detector history and it shows at some point in the past few days, it hit 29, which Iím assuming is 29 ppm. It is currently reading 0.

From reading the kidde manual, it says the alarm wonít even go off unless itís at 50 ppm for 3 straight hours.

Is it normal to have a small amount of CO? The only thing we are using that uses gas is our stove burner, fridge and water heater, but these are all used infrequently as weíve had power hookups.

cgseanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Carbon Monoxide detector displaying 29

I've run into similar issues. Dealer changed out the propane regulator as they noted the water heater not burning clean.

Even since then the CO levels bounce up and down when we use the water heater, furnace and the fridge is on propane.

I've not tracked down any leaks from the exhaust of the appliances to the cabin but I suspect that fumes may get sucked in at times.

We always ensure good ventilation using the fantastic fans to keep the air moving around.

My thread on our issue
Carbon Monoxide leak from water heater !!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f287/carbon-monoxide-leak-from-water-heater-165029.html

Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1995 21' Sovereign
Petaluma , California
Thanks for reply. I recently changed my propane regulator to a camco auto changeover. Maybe I should verify itís all hooked up good
cgseanp is offline   Reply With Quote