Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Gahanna , Ohio
Calling all FB Twin option owners...

Hello,

We currently have a 25 ft FB queen unit. Now we're wondering if we shouldn't have opted for the twin option.

The queen bed is 60x75 and each twin is listed as 34x76. We would gain an inch longer and 4 inches wider. I was worried about losing the hanging closet but it looks like we would actually gain an extra closet.

To those with the twin, is there any storage under the beds? We do use the storage space afforded under the queen for extra dishes, shoes, coffee machine etc.

Anyone have the twins and wish they had the queen?

How about retrofitting cost? Anyone had AS do this for them?

Thanks,

yakman
yakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Oooh! I'd imagine the changeover would be possible but it could get very expensive -- if the factory would take it on at all.

We ordered with the twins and I'm thrilled with huge outside storage compartments. I've got the same small one you do next to the water heater. Then there is a 4.5' door over the battery compartment that gives access to about a 6' long compartment under the front window. And there is a small door under the roadside twin that gives access to something just under 4' of space.

Inside we've got standard doors with plastic bins under the twins. And we've got overhead storage across the front and over the roadside bed (similar to the storage over the dinette in back).

I'd do it the same way again. We've never liked the 25' side-to-side "queen" but our personal preference is for this length of trailer. There's nothing quite like the fore-and-aft queen in cosmotini's 28' FB International!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Don't forget to subtract for the curvature at the head of the twins and allow a space away from the outside walls.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Burien , Washington
I love the twins - We are a family of four, and when bad weather forces us inside we have lots of room to spread out. And have company too. There is lots of storage inside and out under them.

I actually tried to order the trailer without the shirt closet over the curbside bed - I thought it would be a head bonker when changing sheets and not really give us that much extra storage - and I was right about the head bonking part - but we do use the hanging storage quite a bit. Sam did extend the platforms that the mattresses sit on - which makes them much more comfortable for sleeping and sitting.

Robyn
SRoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
More than enough storage. 2 overheads on the front, 1 overhead on the port side, 1 hanging locker on the starboard side, 2 compartments under each bed, 1 drawer in the night stand between the beds, 3 outside compartments including a nearly full width one in front. In short, you could put so much stuff in the bedroom area of the 25 FB as to make a serious dent in gasoline mileage.

Go light. Be happy.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote