Old 01-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1972 31' Sovereign
Shasta Lake City , California
I have two old twin beds that are approx 8" of foam, I may use some of that for the top side of the sofa. I think the Bunny wants to buy the "Air spring" mattress....$240 bucks, for the hid-da-bed. Has anyone used the Air-spring mattress?

The front area is wide open...batts. in the back, water tank in the frame. The only thing I am losing is storage space below the old goucho.

But you guys are right... the new sofa needs to be comfortable. So if I need to buy good "high-Q foam" that is what I will do.

I have some basic ideas... concerning building said sofa. But I was hoping someone out there had photos or plans drawn-up. I just want to try to get as much information before I start building.

Trex "The Dude abides"Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Dude-Abides[1].jpg
Views:	93
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	119350

Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
Bellevue , Nebraska
we got a klick klack..we will see how that works

Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Roblin , MB.
Just a heads up.

We have a '74 31' International
The PO had done away with the origanal fold out davenport in front and replaced it with a real puffy fold out affair. When this unit was folded up it did not leave enough room for you to lift the side table up and position it.

I'm guessing you have the same fold away side table in your coach - so just make certain you have the space to set it up when you have your proposed couch in place.

I replaced the puffy couch with an old Toronto couch that my mother had had. It allows the table to work properly. Had it reaupholstered - don't have pictures presently but could try to do that if you wanted.

nairnchyz is offline   Reply With Quote