Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
1972 Travelux Princess 25
Cobourg , Ontario
I'd be very leery of any clear lacquer type of product. For one thing when they get old and fail they are very very hard to remove, and also there is the smell.

The wax thing sounds real good to me. On the inside of a trailer a good coat of wax should last for years. After all it lasts for 6 months or a year outside in the weather.

Living in the trailer park of sense, looking out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
Ganaraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
La Jolla , California
Hi All--

So in the end I used Carnuba Turtle Wax on the inside. It looks great and greasy fingers dont show up now because well... its greasy! No it actually created a nice hard film over everything and left if smooth and nice. Although I did it yesterday and I'm waiting for the wax smell to go away a little more. It was really easy to do, and evened up all of the inconsistencies in tone.

I did a final patterning of the aluminum interior with knock off scotch britte pads on my 6" polisher and i'm really happy with the results.

This is all documented on my blog: Blog | STAT-US

It's hard to capture what it actually looks like in an image, but here is one:

timatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off