Old 07-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #57
2 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari
Tyler , Texas
sheets that fit the odd twin mattress

We've been at this sheet and fit the mattress game about 5 years and we started out with the standard sheets, using the garters and the suspenders to hold the sheets in place. The factory mattresses are horrible and we've recently replaced them with custom foam because it was cheaper than pain killers and chiropractors. We did the mattress toppers, and covered those with protectors and mattress pads all of which helped with the comfort. Finally after wrestling with the sheets for a couple of years, we bought regular deep pocket sheets at Wallyworld and I hit the fabric store and bought a long roll of half inch elastic. I set up the sewing machine to zigzag and stretched the elastic all the way around the entire fitted sheet. The tension of the elastic makes it hang on tight and that is how I solved that problem for us. For the flat sheet, I sewed a simple rod pocket at the bottom of the sheet, cut a piece of 3/4 inch PVC and slid it in and it helps make the bed and you can avoid having to retuck. I think this is the most reasonably priced solution to the sheets fitting the odd shaped twin mattress.

Alice&Billis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I purchased some regular twin size sheets from Sams Club "Christie England". They are super nice sheets in a set for $29 for each twin bed and those "hold on" straps that someone mentioned on this thread. They work just fine on the twin radial beds.

rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote