Here's a list of actions to take when dealing with asbestos. (I like the first one best~)
Quoted from this site..
"10 Suggestions for Safe Handling Asbestos Cement
1 Have the work done by a licensed contractor.
If you must work with asbestos materials, follow these suggestions so that you and your family do not breathe in any fibres.
If these tiny invisible fibres are inhaled or swallowed, they can cause mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer and pleural diseases.
Even single, short exposure to low levels of airborne fibres may result in asbestos related disease. 2. Always use a mask approved to Australian Standard AS 1715 to protect against asbestos. Do not remove the mask until you have completed the other steps below.
3. Always thoroughly wet the material you are working with to reduce dust.
4.Use hand tools rather than electric power tools.
5. Do not allow any family members or other people near where you are working.
6. Wear old clothes. When you have finished work, put the clothes into a rubbish bag and seal it. Do not allow anyone else to touch the clothes. Shower thoroughly immediately after finishing work.
7. Never sweep up. Always use a vacuum cleaner which has an internal sealed and removable bag. Put the vacuum bag carefully into a rubbish bag and seal it.
8. If you do not have a vacuum cleaner with an internal sealed and removable bag, then wet the remaining dust and use a damp mop to get it into the rubbish bag.
9. Put any discarded material in a strong rubbish bag and seal it. Then remove your mask and seal it in a rubbish bag.
10. Never put the rubbish bags in your garbage bin and do not take them to the tip.
Call your local Council to find out how and where to dispose of them legally and safely."