I just got a 23ft. 1970 Safari around Memorial day. I tought that I would do most of the hard stuff then let someone elese finish it out. The good points it has are:
- All original. The inside is just as it left the factory curtains, carpet, wall coverings, cabinets everything. Just a little worse for wear.
- It is a front dinette layout, this is my favorite layout.
- The shell is in pretty good shape.
- It has vista and corner windows.
- Has oak interior.
- Needs new axle. (it is a single axle).
- The Corning windows need replaced.
- Dirty don't think it has been cleaned since 1970.
- The worst is the bathtub and sink.
I have been so busy building a bedroom onto the house for my Mom to live in I just got around to starting on it today. I will get some pic's posted this weekend. The hardest part will be leting it go when I finish (it's part of being poor I guess) but I truely love working on these Airstream's.