Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #41
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOverlander
And then I started this one as a photo log of my progress, so I don't want this one to end up like the last one.

But just for kicks...

1. We concluded that the year was 1965 from the plate. I have attached a photo below. Can the plate be wrong?

2. How is the door warped? Everything with the door works perfectly. What photo of the door makes you think it is warped? Opens and closes, seals tight, etc. What's wrong with it?

3. I read your thread with reference to axles and everything looked perfect, just as you said it should be.

Attachment 53906

1133 65
LAND YACHT
A TRAVEL TRAILER
SI 26 S 6525

You have a 1966 Airstream 26 foot International trailer, made in Santa Fe Springs, California.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Prosser , Washington
Thanks Andy

Thanks Andy.

Is that what the extra 'S' means? Santa Fe Springs?
NWOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #43
3 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Prosser , Washington
Another change.

My wife wants a regular size toilet installed and not a little flimsy RV type.

If I get the dual flush model, can I just eliminate the black tank all together.

Will be permanently hooked up to sewer/septic.

On that note, the dual flush uses about .8gal or 1.6gal depending on which button you push.

The park also has RR facilities onsite that I would probably be using myself most of the time, but the wife doesn't like using those. (getting a little personal here, eh?)

What would be your estimate on water usage over 3 days and 2 nights? I don't have water at the park, just sewer and electric, so I have to haul my own water. Will be pumping from a large about 70 gallon tank on the outside of the trailer. I have a 90 gallon wood wine barrel that I am going to use to hide a fresh water tank and that will be on the deck just outside the galley window.

Anyway, those with experience would know how much water you go through in that time. Water is only going to the galley sink, bathroom sink and toilet.

Will be using bottled water for drinking, cooking, etc.

Thanks for any insight.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #44
3 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Prosser , Washington
Feb 18 Update

Worked all weekend getting cabinets and shelving built.

This is to keep me busy until I get my electrician friend over to give me hand.

All is going well!

A little tip if you are looking for parts....

I put an ad on craigslist saying "I would buy or haul away storm, wind, collision damaged rvs." I have picked up 2 trailers already, stripped the parts I needed and taken them to wrecking yard. I now have all 'new' appliances for the AS including fridge, stovetop, converter, toilet, sinks, and a one-year old RV battery. It was all I needed and I now have nothing left to purchase except for the lighting.

If you have the room to do this, and neighbors who don't mind a mess for a couple days, I recommend it. I had the sheriff come out on one to sign off an abandoned vehicle report before I hauled it away because there was no title for it. I am actually taking that one completely apart to make a flatbed trailer out of it. I needed something to haul the ATVs with. With the paperwork from the sheriff I can now get that trailer titled.

Well, off to work.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Prosser , Washington
Wiring

Started the rewiring. Is taking a little longer than expected.

Forgot again to take photos of the new subfloor. Lucked out and got a great deal on some engineered wood flooring this past weekend. So, am taking the vinyl tiles back.

Was wondering... when I pulled the old wiring, all of the boxes were the metal type. Is this advisable in an AS?

Cabinets are framed in, building a base to elevate the toilet, etc.

Not enough time in the day. If I didn't have to sleep I would probably never stop!

Still shooting for April completion.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hey NWOverlander, just wondering how things are going? I'm looking at Overlanders as well, hoping to buy when the right one comes along, and enjoy following the progress of all these full and partial montys.

Did you ever get before/during/after pictures of your subfloor? Since I'm looking in the "fixer" price category, I'll most likely have some floor work to do, at the very least at the rear. So of course I'm interested in what your trailer looked like and how you approached the repairs.

Hope all is well with your renovation, and keep on keeping on.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote