Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 30' International
Dartmouth , Nova Scotia
2012 International 23' Bed

Can anyone comment on bed size on the 23 Int'l 2012? I see dims posted of 48x75. I am coming from an 03 Int'l front corner bdrm which seemingly had a larger bed. Obviously 48" may be cozy for 2 adults...
Also feedback welcome on countertop space. 03 was loaded with countertop, but 2012 seems limited, challenges?? Just looking for general feedback from a user who has experienced the 2012 23' Int'l or similar.
Brenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenth View Post
Can anyone comment on bed size on the 23 Int'l 2012? I see dims posted of 48x75. I am coming from an 03 Int'l front corner bdrm which seemingly had a larger bed. Obviously 48" may be cozy for 2 adults...
Also feedback welcome on countertop space. 03 was loaded with countertop, but 2012 seems limited, challenges?? Just looking for general feedback from a user who has experienced the 2012 23' Int'l or similar.
Our 23' Safari has a 48"x75" corner bed. We're short (she's 5'-nothin' and I'm 5'7"). She get's the wall side 'cause she's shorter and doesn't want to be close to the bathroom. We've tried a foam topper on the mattress but didn't like it, went back to just the original mattress, like that better. Because the end of the bed on her side is the back of the pantry, she has to climb over my feet to use the head. That took some getting used to but I pretty much sleep through it.

It's cozy, I'll give it that. She's thin, keeps in good shape. I used to, then retired, now not so good shape, but working on it. It took some getting used to but we're OK with it now. Like I said.... cozy. and darn near impossible to make the bed.

There is the sink/galley and the top of the stove for counter space. We have a credenza next to the L-couch. It has 3 drawers and the dinner table storage area. The credenza has a Formica top that we use for food prep area too, mostly the staging area before the meal.

Hopefully, that helps you.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Personally I wouldn't consider 2 adults sleeping together in anything less than 54". We had a Casita 17 and the rear dinette was set up as a full time bed and was 54" wide. We are not large but 48" would be two small for us. I sometimes slept in the side dinette in our Casita when the kid came along on trips. It was difficult to turn over on that dinette which was only 24" wide. If you guys move around in your sleep then I would consider a model with a wider bed; e.g 23fb.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote