The Vista View window redux was fun (not). This was probably the toughest job of all! I ended up drilling out the rivets and removed both skylights. Separating the frames w/out breaking the glass was challenging to say the least! There's two pieces holding the frame together with little iron 90 degree angle bars - the bottom had to be cut with a hacksaw as it was rusted tight. Once out, I was able to separate the two pieces of glass - the top or outer piece is tempered. A local welding ship was able to remove the broken angle bar & make me a new piece. I took my time cleaning up the frame & used the new freeze & mold resistant silicone to create a "gasket" for the glass. It came together pretty nicely. I bought rivets & rented the Olympic unit that polishes the rivet heads. It wasn't too bad.
I didn't do the lamination of the new matrial - the underlying wood for the counter & partitions are all new. I guess you'd call it a labor of love.