Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
San Antonio , Texas
1972 Sovereign

I am now the new owner of a vintage 1972 Sovereign AS. I am a total newbie and am performing a complete renovation. Except for the frame and skins, everything will be new. Please follow my progress at www.doisydaene.com.
I posted earlier about a 1971 Sovereign, but that trailer had a rusted through frame, damaged exterior skins, and textured rubberized paint applied to the interior. As with many others' experiences, that trailer was not as described.
I do have an ?original dometic refrigerator (in good shape), an original oven (in fair shape), a range (in good shape) a furnace (in what looks to be working condition), and a water heater (in who knows what kind of shape). If anyone is doing a restoration and is interested in these items, please PM me.
Shenslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
The innards of the Dometic refer (refrigerator) can be made new by simply purchasing a new "cooling unit". This is the part that wears out and dies. If the rest of the refer is cosmetically acceptable, no need to spend the $1,100 plus to get a new one; replacement cooling units are about half that or less.

Similarly, the oven can be tuned up to make it operate at 100%, but if you don't want an oven, the space it takes will fit lots of different microwave or convection oven models.

As for the other two items, I personally consider them disposable since they are not practical to update.

You can advertise them on our Classifieds, but we do frown on selling items here on the Forums.

Have a look here. Use the same user name and password you created to get here.

- Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstream Trailers For Sale
Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
San Antonio , Texas
Thanks, but my better half won't be happy unless the refer is shiny and new.
Shenslee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign