Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
seattle , Washington
1960 tradewind dinette plans???

We took the built in couch out and want to put in benches and table/bed in it's place. Are there plans somewhere that we could copy? The windows are low and we think it would be a lot easier to follow someone else's lead! Thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction!
artemis917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Yea!!! Another Early TradeWind. I don't have actual plans but can send you pictures of how mine is made. Anyone with a basic woodworking skills could build one. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send them to you. Every Airstream is slightly different and something like this would need to be custom made to fit your particular model.

Also like to hear more about this TradeWind of yours.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
seattle , Washington
Haha!? Brad- It's Lily! Sorry to disappoint you, but it's just me again We're about ready to do the benches. We decided to take your advice and not do the u-shaped one, but I didn't want to bug you again (thought about it though!). I know Skip would be fine if the walls were straight and the windows weren't so damned low, but seeing as that's not the case....Are there no plans or blueprints anywhere?? If you have the same windows and dimensions as ours, would you be willing to give us all the pertinent info and pics to make it a lot easier? He and the carpenter that's supposed to help us both want to follow someone else's plans. Don't make me tell them there arent' any?!?! Thanks for the quick reply How are you??? How was your summer??? Ours woulda been great if we could have taken the damn thing out
artemis917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Ha!! That's funny. My friend in Texas is building something very similar to what you're planning. Let me see if I can get a decent copy of his rough sketches for you and we'll go from there.

Summer was hot, hot, hot. Glad it's starting to finally break. It was 67 degrees this morning so we enjoyed our early morning coffee on the patio.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1960, 1960 tradewind