Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
Work/camp on a farm near Asheville NC

As the screenname implies... We've made it to nc. We are posting to see if anyone is interested in camping here with Internet, laundry and full hookups in exchange for working a few hours a week.

We are an organic farm, it's 45 miles to Asheville. We have 23 acres, stream, spring and woods. About 7 acres are open; you can garden here for yourself too.

If anyone has construction experience -framing and electrical especially - we also have some paying work for you.
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Excella 500
Charleston , South Carolina
Awesome.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Geez that sounds like a dream...

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #4

Asheville , North Carolina
Hello, is there anyway to contact you about the work trade opportunities?
epslastword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by epslastword View Post
Hello, is there anyway to contact you about the work trade opportunities?
Hi, and welcome to the forums!

If you click on the poster's user name, a popup window will explain several options, including sending them a private message. Click on the private message option and a composition window will open to write your message.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
FL Panhandle , Florida
Wow! We love the Ashville area and organic gardening is what I do here (on a small scale). Plus, DH is a skilled woodworker/cabinetmaker. If you would send us a PM please, I have lots of questions. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
not to beat a dead horse here, but I did want to update this thread to let everyone know we are looking for work campers again this year.

We are already preparing for spring; this fall we put in blueberries and strawberries, onions and garlic. We still have lettuce, collars , kale, herbs and broccoli in the garden.

We are hoping to have a swimming pond dug this spring, put up some fencing, repair the greenhouse, and start a small cabin.

Come stay, work on projects that interest you, enjoy the blue ridge mountains and fresh , delicious food! Please PM me.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #8

Memphis , Tennessee
What a wonderful opportunity. Thank you for posting.
Gabriel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Fairview , North Carolina
Met your friends that were in your camper! They were great! Hope all is well! See you camping soon!
LandYatch79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #10

knoxville , Tennessee
Hi there. My name is Meg Lynch. Me and my fiancé just moved back from Bozeman,MT form an organic farm internship. We plan on opening our own farming operation in the near future. We just got back to Knoxville but looking to relocate. I was wondering if you guys had any employment opportunities? We are sick of obtaining jobs we care nothing about and wasting money on rent. we are looking for farming employment that offers housing in exchange for us doing what we love. Or a place to park an airstream for exchange of work. is this ad real?! Please get back to me with any information you may have.

-Meg Lynch
-865-556-6660
meganorganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
One more years gone by and we are looking for work campers / farm interns / gardeners again. 15/hrs/week. This year we have a dedicated airstream (1977 31ft sovereign) if you are possibly considering an airstream lifestyle and want to try before you buy. Or, bring your own and work and we can negotiate hours based on your electric / water / sewer needs. well behaved pets welcome. there are 3 dogs and 3 cats on the property now.

We also have a large garden, fruit trees, wine grapes, hops for beer-making, a creek and an natural swimming pool / swimming pond going in too.