Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #141
janeinthemtns

1985 31' Excella
near Chama , New Mexico
I've lived all over Southeast Alaska and wintered in Valdez in a TT during the pipeline years. I was married to a pipefitter then so if everything blew up, it was no big deal. Now I live in north central New Mexico mountains @ 7,300' el. SE Alaska is comparatively like spring time all year. Thanks for posting all this info. Getting ready to spend the winter in my 85 Excella. I do not plan on putting water in the AS. My plan is to install a marine stove which solves the condensation problems. But who is going to cut all the wood into tiny little pieces?
janeinthemtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #142
1 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Chelsea , Vermont
winter camping in the grand canyon

Hi -- I've been offered a job with the GCA in one of their bookstores for the winter -- but I have reservations about camping in our airstream there for the winter -- costs of fuel etc a major factor. And how it will hold up to the cold temps.

Can you give me an idea what it cost you per month in utilities? And how did you make out with the winter temps??

Your post with pictures is very helpful

Lynn
lthomasamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #143
1 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Chelsea , Vermont
winter camping in the grand canyon

Hi -- I've been offered a job with the GCA in one of their bookstores for the winter -- but I have reservations about camping in our airstream there for the winter -- costs of fuel etc a major factor. And how it will hold up to the cold temps.

Can you give me an idea what it cost you per month in utilities? And how did you make out with the winter temps??

Your post with pictures is very helpful

Lynn
lthomasamber is offline   Reply With Quote