Old 04-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio

Since you will be hitting St. Augustine and Savannah early in your trip, a couple of suggestions up front,

Stay at a campground outside St. Augustine and take the trolly in the city. The streets are too narrow for comfort with your tow vehicle and parking is scarce. Do spend some time in St. Augustine if you haven't already though, as it is a great town to see.

While you are staying near Savannah, don't miss the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum Home @ the Mighty Eighth . It is one of the best museums of WW II that I have visited--and I'm a museum buff.

Someone suggested seeing the Bicycle Museum in New Bremen, OH while you are staying near Jackson Center. I definitely agree! Bicycle Museum of America

While you are staying near Jackson Center you might want to head about 50 miles south to see the National Museum of the United States Air Force, which I believe is Ohio's number one tourist attraction. National Museum of the USAF - Home If you're into aviation, you could easily spend a whole day there.

Happy trails!

Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Just about 20 miles north of the AS factory in Jackson Center OH is Wapakeneta OH where the Neil Armstrong Space Museum is. Note: They are closed on Mondays.

AIR 12148
1987 Excella 32-foot
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
While on the Barrier Islands of North Carolina, be sure to go to the Wright Brothers visitor city at Kitty Hawk, NC. Of course, all the way up the Barrier Islands are some really great lighthouses. Cape Hatteras lighthouse was even MOVED inland a few years ago. Otherwise it would've fallen into the Atlantic.
Enjoy, Derek

crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote