Thanks for the input!
We spent two ski seasons in French alps in the past two winters. (We homeschool and travel full time but station at one location in the winter without moving).
We stayed in a chalet. Life was very simple and singular: learning (homeschooling/French) and skiing. The rest was routine of living (shopping for grocery cooking sleeping).
We loved the simplicity of our winters. So that is where the ideas about spending time in the library and ski slope came from.
This time why do I want to do it with AS?
1. Since I do have an AS now. Either I store it or use it.
2. Want to motivate ourselves to be out skiing even more. We did around 50 days skiing this past winter. Didn't sound a lot but in fact we were quite motivated. It was a short season (snow came around mid January and pretty much gone by mid April)
But there were days, we were just too cozy and comfortable around the fireplace in the chalet to want to go out.
3. Cost driven. This is not the most important factor. But if I do save money than I can spend money on other things. Last season I chose not to have a car when living in French alps. I became fitter carrying my skis to catch bus, saved headache dealing with snow and used all the money saved for massages for myself and kids.
So we could eat out more, more spa time and more massages...
What would be deal breakers in this set up for me?
1. Potential Damage to my AS and end up with costly repair
2. Too uncomfortable that my kids would threaten to run away from home if we continue...
3. Logistic nightmare that I would spend more time dealing with issues than focusing on homeschooling and skiing
4. Some other unexpected issues.
For sure I will report back. Also I will still keep my tow vehicle with me but I probably will use the rv park's free shuttle, walk or cross country ski to our ski locker at the base (if I find one for the season) and then change to downhill skis. I don't like to drive in snow.
I do appreciate all inputs so I can anticipate or need to find accommodations with four walls for the season.