Old 02-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #29
Rivet Master
How sweet...

You two look so peaceful and happy siting on the tailgate. Drinking coffee?
I can never get the coffee right in those old style cowboy percolators. I always boil it to long or two short. can't get the right flame, can't get the right amount of grounds. True story….A full timer who was a rocket scientist, did a study, and said the pot should spout every 1.5 seconds. Anyway, the picture makes it look like you got the coffee thing down. ( and the smiling thing )

mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Slidell , Louisiana
Send a message via ICQ to geekgrrrl Send a message via AIM to geekgrrrl Send a message via Skype™ to geekgrrrl
Very well written and descriptive post... I completely get it, as I live on the borderline of OC myself. JUST bought a vintage AS we are restoring, and someday.... someday.

But we have property in Kanab, and spent our vacation there over the summer visiting each of the parks. A park a day, and it was too short! so very beautiful and awe-inspiring. I can't wait to go back, and that may be the first extended AS trip we plan. It's a good test trip for when we get everything in order and hooked up. Still working on that.....

safe travels! and post up the follow-up.... how's the next 60 days treating you??

​Life is either a great adventure or nothing. ~~~Helen Keller

AIR member 94157
geekgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1963 26' Overlander
Dallas , Texas
Life is an adventure. It is so much more interesting when you take part in the experience and adventure rather than watching it pass you by. Sounds like you've got your channel dialed in to perfection. Good stuff.
Alcoa Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:26 AM   #32
Trying to run away.....
Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
That's the life!! I'm planning on running away too!
HeavyAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:20 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Boston , Massachusetts
Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Looking forward to more updates from the road.

Happy travels!

Dot Dave is offline   Reply With Quote