Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
1976 25' Tradewind
Grand Prairie , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Long Term Spot

The new management at the KOA Dallas (actually in Arlington Texas) has implement a new policy that long term campers can only stay for 1 year. So I have until mid November to relocate. If anyone know of any long term spots available in the DFW metroplex (preferably on the south side) please let me know. Thank you
__________________

txlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
blickcd's Avatar
 
1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 529
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 35
Check a website called rvparky.com and do a search for Arlington, TX. There are several RV parks to choose from, very close to your current location. I can't comment on their long term rates or policies.

There are also two mobile home parks in Dallas which have RV sites, though they both get one star ratings and may not be worth checking out.

This is what I've been able to find with a quick web search. The only things I really know about Dallas are the TV shows Fast n' Loud and Cheaters, so I hope this helps a little.
__________________

__________________
Christopher

Its a camper, therefore it leaks.
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,360
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Are you working or retired? If you are retired (or perhaps if you work from the trailer) you might look for "campground host" situations. They have long-term hosts at Holiday on Benbrook Lake (Corps of Engineers park) and the extra benefit is the free site, often the only full-hookup site in CoE and state parks, etc.
__________________
— David

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto — 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
 
1976 25' Tradewind
Grand Prairie , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by blickcd View Post
Check a website called rvparky.com and do a search for Arlington, TX. There are several RV parks to choose from, very close to your current location. I can't comment on their long term rates or policies.

There are also two mobile home parks in Dallas which have RV sites, though they both get one star ratings and may not be worth checking out.

This is what I've been able to find with a quick web search. The only things I really know about Dallas are the TV shows Fast n' Loud and Cheaters, so I hope this helps a little.


Thank you
txlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
1976 25' Tradewind
Grand Prairie , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
Are you working or retired? If you are retired (or perhaps if you work from the trailer) you might look for "campground host" situations. They have long-term hosts at Holiday on Benbrook Lake (Corps of Engineers park) and the extra benefit is the free site, often the only full-hookup site in CoE and state parks, etc.


Thanks, unfortunately I'm still working and will need to do so for a while to pay off this new trailer.
txlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

 
2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 143
Images: 1
I remember when I talked to owners at a park that had gone to STR only (29 days or less) they said if we simply left for a day we could come back and do another 29 days. Did you ask the current owners if they will do another year if you simply leave for a day or two?
SYC2Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,577
Good advice so far.

Hopefully you are on good terms with the management, and can talk this over with them. There is often a win-win path through situations like this. Sometimes "raising the ante" helps IMO.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member
 
1976 25' Tradewind
Grand Prairie , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYC2Vette View Post
I remember when I talked to owners at a park that had gone to STR only (29 days or less) they said if we simply left for a day we could come back and do another 29 days. Did you ask the current owners if they will do another year if you simply leave for a day or two?


KOA Dallas says after your year is up, you have to wait one full year before you can return.
txlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member
 
1976 25' Tradewind
Grand Prairie , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Good advice so far.

Hopefully you are on good terms with the management, and can talk this over with them. There is often a win-win path through situations like this. Sometimes "raising the ante" helps IMO.

Good luck,

Peter


Thanks Peter
__________________

txlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50% off - SPOT Satellite Messenger and SPOT Trace Adventure.AS Electronics & Connectivity 0 04-23-2019 12:12 PM
The Long long long trip Foiled Again Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping 39 03-24-2016 11:27 AM
Advice for long term trailering Cheryl Full-Timing 49 07-29-2004 02:58 PM
Long term storage accomodations 85MH325 Our Community 32 11-02-2003 10:52 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.