Old 06-24-2018, 08:21 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
My wife & I did the same thing 5 years ago.... We call ourselves "Full Timers"! We vacation about 3 times a year and welcome the change of scenery, but really enjoy having our home anywhere we haul it! It really makes it feel like home EVERYWHERE!

Fulltime in 2013 and LOVING it !!
truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Simple Full Time Test:

If, whenever you decide to sell it, you do sell it, wouldn't it be more honest to let the buyer know you lived in it "full-time?"

If, as a buyer, you were to purchase an AS like this, wouldn't you like to know it had been lived in "full time?"

See? Simple!

skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #17
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguyscott View Post
If, whenever you decide to sell it, you do sell it, wouldn't it be more honest to let the buyer know you lived in it "full-time?"

If, as a buyer, you were to purchase an AS like this, wouldn't you like to know it had been lived in "full time?"

See? Simple!
It would be a question about condition, more than about use rate.
Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

Knoxville , TN
If you are easily offended please skip this post. I am easily amused and though I would share with others my silly thoughts.

If it may please the court of public opinion. That act of having no other residence requiring you to dwell in our Airstream on a continual basis can only be described as "full timing" for as long as the condition last.

As I am typing and thinking about this discussion while laughing (to myself, because laughing out loud might seem a little weird). I keep coming up with all kinds of questions. What are the minimum requirements to be a "full timer".
Do you have to divest of all worldly possession other than what you can carry?
How often must you move your Airstream?
What is the minimum distant the move must be?
Can I move from full hook up to full hook up?
If I have to separate my full hook ups with episodes of boondocking, how long must the boondocking event be?
Would camp site with electric only count towards a boondocking event because you have to hold your water?
Would a Walmart stay satisfy a boondocking event?
If I loose WiFi is that considered a boondocking event regardless of why I lost WiFi?
If I stay in a friend driveway does this count as a boondocking event or does my "full timing" status reset to zero?
How long can a TV be disconnected before you are no longer "full timing"?
Is there a registration process?
Do you get a badge, patch or certificate?
Are there any discounts for "full timer" or maybe reserved prime spaces at WalMart?
Is a diagnosis of "full timing" covered by insurance or under the ADA.
Is "full timing" contagious, can I get it by shaking hand or would I have to enter a "full timers" Airstream?

Q: So you full time in your Airstream?
A: No, that's just where I live.

In my opinion "full timing" is about living in and finding ways to live in the space. If your life gives you the opportunity to be a nomad and travel awesome. If life limits that travel do to work or health it doesn't change the fact that you live in an Airstream.
Eric 26 Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:06 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Mary Esther , FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric 26 Argo View Post
If you are easily offended please skip this post. I am easily amused and though I would share with others my silly thoughts.

If it may please the court of public opinion. That act of having no other residence requiring you to dwell in our Airstream on a continual basis can only be described as "full timing" for as long as the condition last.

As I am typing and thinking about this discussion while laughing (to myself, because laughing out loud might seem a little weird). I keep coming up with all kinds of questions. What are the minimum requirements to be a "full timer".
Do you have to divest of all worldly possession other than what you can carry?
How often must you move your Airstream?
What is the minimum distant the move must be?
Can I move from full hook up to full hook up?
If I have to separate my full hook ups with episodes of boondocking, how long must the boondocking event be?
Would camp site with electric only count towards a boondocking event because you have to hold your water?
Would a Walmart stay satisfy a boondocking event?
If I loose WiFi is that considered a boondocking event regardless of why I lost WiFi?
If I stay in a friend driveway does this count as a boondocking event or does my "full timing" status reset to zero?
How long can a TV be disconnected before you are no longer "full timing"?
Is there a registration process?
Do you get a badge, patch or certificate?
Are there any discounts for "full timer" or maybe reserved prime spaces at WalMart?
Is a diagnosis of "full timing" covered by insurance or under the ADA.
Is "full timing" contagious, can I get it by shaking hand or would I have to enter a "full timers" Airstream?

Q: So you full time in your Airstream?
A: No, that's just where I live.

In my opinion "full timing" is about living in and finding ways to live in the space. If your life gives you the opportunity to be a nomad and travel awesome. If life limits that travel do to work or health it doesn't change the fact that you live in an Airstream.
Thanks for the chuckles!!

I have noticed a tendency for many to assume that "full-timing" specifically means regularly moving and staying in different places, generally either as a retiree or working remotely. I have been unsure how to ask about this.

We will be "full-timing" by the end of the year, but will probably spend 180 days a year in the same place for my job.

Perhaps 100+ of the remaining days will be when I have to leave for months at a time for work. My wife will likely do a few of her own adventures and spend some time closer to family.

And the last 60+ travel days will be spread over mostly short weekend trips, and maybe three ~10-day trips per year. Otherwise, during the week we'll be at the RV park unless I take time off.

Long story short, we'll be spending half our time sucking it up in an airstream through a relatively stationary daily life, just so we can use the $15-20k per year we're not spending on a condo to really enjoy the other 180 days .
Lindenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
If living full time in your airstream ain't full timing.......

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 Ruby
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:12 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
The word “full time or full timer” is a very sensitive term to many people in the rv community. Personally I don’t care how it is used.

We will be selling our house and living in our Airstream full time. I will refer to ourselves as Airstreamers 365.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:39 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrere View Post
<<snip>> I don't want to insult other people who have literally hit the road to full time, but I'd like to think that we're at least partway to our dream.
If someone gets offended because you are full timing but not moving often enough to suit their definition, don't worry about it.
They will be leaving very soon anyway.