Old 01-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We love having the Bambi next to the garage under the Bambi port...with it's dedicated 30 amp shore line, cable and even dump capabilities into our sewer line via the clean-out (and about 20' of dump hose)... It makes a great get-away, extra frig and cooking facilities when needed (like Thanksgiving or Christmas) and it's so much less hassle when getting ready for a trip... Do it if you can swing it!

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
1994 34' Excella
Wytheville , Virginia
Home Huckup

If you live in the city I can't be much help on the sewer hookup. here in VA i have the perfect setup in my back yard (septic tank).

Sewer--The septic tank as used here has two concrete hatches on the top. I made a hatch with a short 4 in. dia.. section of plastic pipe through the hatch. Then replaced the original with the new one and ran 4in. pipe in a ditch to where I wanted my dump station about 4 ft. away from the hook up on the A/S. Built a concrete box around the end of the pipe that has a threaded fitting for a plug at the dump end. Didn't put a trap in, did set the drop at 1 in in four feet. (&^%& won't flow up hill.)

Electricity---Ran a dedicated 30 A circuit at the same time I built the dump station. Put a 30 A "camper box " on a pole next to the dump station. Buried the electric and T V in the ditch with the pipe.

Water--- the out side hose bib on the garage is about 30 ft. away.

All the material came from Lowe's

Vita est breves

jerrold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Royal , Arkansas
We park our TT by our house too. We have a dedicated 30 amp circuit and water within a few feet. I pull the trailer a mile to a Corps of Engineer campground to dump. It works great both as a retreat and guesthouse.

We've kept a log/guest book and have asked everyone who has stayed to sign. We've been delighted with how often the trailer has been used and how much our guests and family have enjoyed it. Also, it's our "lifeboat" when power goes out. I fire up two Honda EU 2000's and we have heat/ac, hot water, and a comfy place to stay until shore power comes back. A million uses and counting.
zzlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
Midland , Texas
Backyard Airstream

We have our AS rigged up under a full cover in the backyard. I just ran a 10/3 ga. elec. cable from my workshop for the 30 amp. and a water hose for the FW hook up. I'll probably pipe the water closer later. For the sewage dump I am in the process of installing a basin to dump the black and gray water into, then pump into the sewer line with a macerator pump, through a 2" pvc line. You find the pumps on ebay for about $100. With the pump set up you don't have to worry about gravity flow. It's really a pretty simple hookup.

SStar is offline   Reply With Quote

hookup, rv pad