Old 06-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Center Moriches , New York
So YOU'RE the one hogging all the bandwith.

NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
We're full-timers with two iPhones and a jetpack using Verizon. Our plan is 30 GB/month and we've rarely gotten really close to our limit. We use free wifi when we can, but stick to our own for sensitive stuff. We rarely stream anything, doing so only when we are at the end of the month and know that we have plenty of data left.

David Lininger, kb0zke
AIR 54240
Heartland mpg 181 (sold)
1993 Foretravel U300 (for sale)
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
The OP said they use the Internet for everything; TV, movies, Multi-player Internet games, YouTube... That's a LOT of streaming. At home we use cable for most all television but we use our ISP for work, streaming Netflix, our son plays online games, Youtube videos... many things.

Time Warner provides a 'usage' page so you can see how much data you're using. So far, just for June, we're already up to 124 GB. I can't imagine any plan that's going to let you take that kind of bandwidth over the air for a low fee. Watching just one movie will take 5-6 GB. Multiply a movie every night by 30 days and you have used a large amount of data.

If you're near a populated area, the AS antenna can pick up quite a bit. We were 60 miles out of our city at a Federal campground and picked up almost every channel. When we travel we take along a media player and 5 TB of movies (about 500+ movies).

I would recommend getting Dish or DIRECTV for all the TV watching and save the Internet for the gaming, surfing, email etc. I'd go with a pay-as-you-go plan to see what my actual usage is and then determine if I want to get a monthly plan. The OP didn't say what they were willing to pay, but it's not going to be cheap.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote