Old 08-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Saint Augustine , Florida
We like Topsail Hill Preserve in Santa Rosa Beach - nice but expensive. It is now a Florida State Park, but used to be an RV Park. Like others said, the beach is beautiful!

Carol, Aboard "Aggie the DreamStream"
WBCCI# 5248
Rollster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Another vote for Topsail Hill - we have stayed several times before and I have just made reservations for a couple of weeks next Feb. I dont know if you could stay 4 months though as it is a state park - even if you could, it would be costly.

The Royal Coachmen in Nokomis - as others have said - is very nice, although we haven't been back for quite a few years. I think that these days it would be even more expensive than Topsail Hill, $70 a night wouldn't surprise me.

We have also booked some time for this season around St Augustine, and also couple of weeks at Land Yacht Harbor Airstream park at Melbourne.

Rates are very reasonable at Land Yacht harbor, and you likely will have no problem getting a spot if interested in going across to the Atlantic side. The park is very well maintained, but no pets allowed - and I'm not even sure about kids! There is no pool either, but nevertheless it is a good home base and we are usually away someplace all day anyway! Nice beaches nearby and just over an hour or so to Orlando.

PS - at one time, not so long ago, we used to go to Florida without reservations and never had a problem, in more recent years we have found it very difficult to find a spot and for that reason, this year we have made reservations for our entire planned trip including stops at Savannah & Charleston on the way home.

You can waste a lot of frustrating time trying to find a campsite in the winter months of you don't have reservations - we learned that the hard way!

Brian & Connie Mitchell

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
2013 28' International
Blairsville , Georgia
Wekiva falls rv park in Sanford---check it out!
Pmgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #18
Full Time Adventurer
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
So, my wife and I have driven past this park in Spring Hill, a nice area here on the gulf, and I've commented how nice it looks. Very small, secluded park. Well turns out it's pretty affordable.

It's called: Chief Aripeka Travel Park

30 amp & 50 amp Sites, 3 min. from shopping, 2 1/2 min. from gulf. Very quiet park,bath house hot showers. Summer rate 230 a month winter rate 310 plus tax and elec. Also lookup on google maps streetview 1582 Osowaw blvd, Spring Hill 34607

Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
BoldAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Florida destinations for the winter - family of four

Hey that's in my neck of the woods! Another in the area is Chassahowitzka River Campground. It's a Citrus County park. It's on a nice spring fed river, great for canoeing and kayaking. The river is pretty shallow, so be carefull is you bring a motor boat.

If I remember correctly they have 30/50 amp Full hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Not all those who wonder are lost.
Silverflames is offline   Reply With Quote