Old 11-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member
2005 28' Safari
formerly of Tustin, Huntington Beach, Dana Point, and Laguna Beach , California
SeeMore, as I've said before, we were pretty fortunate the ways things turned out for us. We pretty much had everything we needed to live and travel comfortably without bothering others. Several items we had from car camping were put to good use, e.g., Gerber hatchet, Black Diamond tent lamp, Petzl headlamps, plastic plates, Coleman two-burner stove for outdoor cooking, solar shower, rain jackets.

We use our old Amazon shipment boxes for organization in the overheads. It seems we can get use out of multiple sizes.

We are big fans of the sticky backed hooks, using them for hats, keys, coffee mugs, and overhead solar lamps. I'd like to add some narrow shelving but am wary of cluttering up the walls.

We like to sit on one of the dining seats so we can watch our tv. I need to find or build a platform for our Playstation 3, laptop, and portable Bose speaker; ideally it would sit on the other seat and under the tv. Btw, our Bose Soundlink Mini with Bluetooth has been great for us. Its sound fills the trailer easily and we can move it back and forth or even outside.

The one thing we want moving forward is to be able to go solar. Most of the time we weren't next to anyone so we could run our Honda eu2000i anytime we wanted. But for the times we were staying in campgrounds, solar would have been nice.

I still want to be a backpacker when I grow up, so that would require some more equipment.

I'll probably need to store a second spare tire for the trailer somewhere when we head to Alaska.

I think our Alaska trip will answer a few more questions but that's part of the fun: adapting with what you have at the moment.

westcoastas is offline   Reply With Quote