Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Hi Ray

Just found the mail you wrote in January. Have read it a few times this morning. Truly appreciate your sharing this experience. I have no aspirations to full time, but do want to wander a bit. Am picking up my Airstream on Tuesday. Have read absolutely everything about the lifestyle and its ups and downs. My impression is that I will see wonderful places on my own schedule. Along the way, I hope to meet some fascinating people. I expect there will be more good days than bad and my plan is to look for the positive side of everything that happens out there. Retired a year ago and have thought about this for a long time. Can't wait to get started!
itldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Dreams can be a nightmare

As a father, I have been accused ( when the kids were younger ) of being a bubble burster. Luckily the kids now usually know to think things out. Even still, reality doesn't always measure out to how things look on paper. I think Ray gave good fatherly advice on why to think twice and try it before you commit.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote