Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1997 21' Excella
Carson City , Nevada
Winterizing success

Congratulations to my husband for a successful winterizing of the trailer. We stood in the middle of the trailer amazed at no pipe breakage. What a shock!!!! My hubby will not have to do any de-winterizing repairs. Filled the water tank, and not leaks there either. Knock on wood, but AMAZING!!!!!!
BessieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Bravo neighbor! I just dewinterized the Silver Dragon this week too. I think we're out of most of the hard frosts now for a few months. Nice when the pump pressures up and goes off. Then I have to remember to turn the pump off, don't like to leave the trailer with the pump on......did that once and got to pull up the ugly checkered flooring in the kitchen. Found piping behind the sink was just plastic shoved into copper and didn't hold that day.. I've learned not to try to drink the flush, seems that Vodka seems to react with copper or something over the winter and doesn't sit well to drink!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I live in central AL...did not winterize in time and a freeze happened...temp dropped sharply for one stinking night...got home late, and tried to do it, but some freezing of water was already done...

Damaged water pump, replaced and no leaks, but I wont be making that mistake a 2nd time....

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1997 21' Excella
Carson City , Nevada
Ugh!!! Trailer is being borrowed so off it went. Vodka, really? Gonna have to invest in a new tongue jack. Husband says we are never in the middle of no where. Yah right!!!! He was in the Wyoming high country when the 4wd went out. I had to call the transmission place that replaced that part for trouble shooting pointers. If that tongue jack gave out completely, that would not be fun. It would be like when my son realized when he got a flat up in the Wyoming high country, he did not have a jack. That was a loooonnnnngggg hike.
BessieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:20 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1995 30' Excella
Harper Woods , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BessieB View Post
Ugh!!! when my son realized when he got a flat up in the Wyoming high country, he did not have a jack. That was a loooonnnnngggg hike.
Hmm, did he have a shovel? support the frame by wedging with a couple of logs or stones, and then dig out the ground under the wheel, change it, and put the dirt back in, & move just enough to remove the logs or stones.
Bob Blarney is offline   Reply With Quote