Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 01:51 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosch View Post
If you have never done it before, I would recommend hiring someone to do it this year then do it yourself next year. Its really not that expensive. One question you need to answer is wether you will fill the lines with anti freeze or use just enough for the P-traps and toilet(for me its about a gallon) My guess is that you may opt for filling the lines because of your cold winter temperatures.
I have attached the checklist that I use.
Also, backing up. I found that putting my hand at the Six O'clock position made it easier for me. That way, if you want the trailer to go right you move your hand to the right. Get a feel for what a quarter turn does and what a half turn does. Practice is the key.
Good luck!
Thank you for including the Airstream Winterize Checklist. I'm curious about the water filter under my sink and what i'm to do with it when blowing out the lines. I have aClick image for larger version

Name:	Water Filter.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	326584 2008 23FB. in the checklist it mentions to remove the filter canister. Am i to assume thats all i have to do before blowing out the lines?

Mike
Rocket53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #22
AI owner since June 2013

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Farragut , Tennessee
Low Point Drains

Every winterizing post related to blowing out the lines refer to the "low point" drains and the water heater bypass.

I have a 2014 AI and looked in the places described in my manual for the drains and bypass and can't see or find any of them. I moved this summer from Florida to Tennessee and need to winterize soon for the first time. About to throw in the towel and either go the AF in the tank method or take it to Airstream of Tenn in Knoxville area.

Any specific drain and bypass info on my year AI?

Any experience out there with Airstream of Tenn on Alcoa Hwy?

PS - also the in port side of the water pump has a couple of plastic parts between the pump and the water hose. What are those?
FlaBucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:52 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
You might want to check out the AI forum:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/

. . . and these threads/posts:

https://www.google.com/search?q=AI+l...=airforums.com
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240...te-109498.html

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #24

2018 30' Classic
Waxahachie , Texas
I'm simply trying to find someone who can guide me on making sure I drained the water heater correctly. It drained some when I flipped the yellow lever up, but no way it was 5 gallons. I had all faucets open exceptionalities the outdoor shower
mrb14b is offline   Reply With Quote