Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Springbrook , Wisconsin
Winter Storage

We live in NW Wisconsin and have kept our '18 FC 25 in our driveway year round since we purchased it. Unfortunately it breaks my heart subjecting it to these northern winters. Yes, I know from other treads that a number of you feel they're up to the task, but still the same ... Additionally, and more to the point, we would like the freedom to use it during these winter months when the mood should strike us. But the thought of towing it thru the salt, gravel and whatever other crud they put down on our roads in the winter to make them passable doesn't excite me. And that's not to mention how treacherous they can still be, regardless of whether you're towing 3 tons behind you.

So, to get to the point, we're wondering about options to store our baby somewhere more temperate, I'm guessing south of the Mason-Dixon at least. Our preference would be somewhere in the Virginia/Maryland/North Carolina but would be somewhat flexible. Additionally we're hoping for a covered facility. I found one that would be great in Missouri but they only do 12 month leases and since we'd still keep the Airstream up here for at least 6 months of the year that seemed excessive. But maybe that's just one of the factors that all facilities expect and we'll have to take that into consideration. Anyhow, any positive recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
daboyce49 is offline   Reply With Quote