Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Surf City , New Jersey
Underground storage

Considering Brady's Bend in PA for winter storage underground. Here is my question. They have two choices
1. Temp and humidity controlled Which is good but why do they recommend you close the fantastic fan vents? That is my issue.
I thought airflow is good? If they are closed then why pay the extra money for a controlled environment
2. Choice two is none controlled. Temp is around 58 degrees (fine) but humidity is not controlled. (how bad can it get underground) I would leave the vents open . Left the rig in the rv park last season vents open and other than a squirrel eating my ac on the roof the rig was fine.
weber.roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

A typical cave will stay around 58 degrees all year long. How dry it stays depends enormously on air flow and how much water runs through it. Air flow in the winter will keep things dry(er). In the summer it will get wet(er). Simple answer on the "uncontrolled" area would be to ask them what the humidity runs. Unless it gets crazy high (> 85%) it should not be an issue. I'm betting that "uncontrolled" is cheaper than "controlled".

Next question - does either area provide electricity for a trickle charger?

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Surf City , New Jersey
no trickle..I will take the batteries home
Old 09-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Surf City , New Jersey
controlled $68 per month
uncontrolled $29
Old 09-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #5
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
I put mine in Brady's Bend for a winter. Went with controlled and had no issues. Neat facility. Was fun just driving down there and looking around.

Best I can tell, controlled has painted floors and walls in addition to humidity control. Uncontrolled has bare walls and floors, so I'm sure it's "moist."
Old 09-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
A number of threads have discussed this, and the first few results mention Brady's:

https://www.google.com/search?q=unde...=airforums.com

Cheers,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote