Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Winterizing, Storage, Carports & Covers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB International
Toronto , Ontario
Toronto Area Storage?

Hello all,

I'm brand new to this forum, but I'm loving it already.

I just put a deposit on a 2008 Safari SE, and I can't pick it up until I can find a place to store it when not in use. My property isn't suitable to store something that size.

I tried doing a search on the forum, and couldn't find anything. If I overlooked something and unwittingly breached forum etiquette, I apologize.

Ideally, I'd like something in the North/Central area of the city. I am purchasing from CanAm in London, but that's a bit too far away even though their storage options are affordable. I found another location in Milton, but that is still a bit on the distant side.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ross
Toronto_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums. You would probably be better off looking in your telephone directory under "RV Storage". We've stored our Airstream in storage facilities, with little problem other than one guy that couldn't park in his space if you put a gun to his head.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_Guy View Post
Hello all,
Ideally, I'd like something in the North/Central area of the city. I am purchasing from CanAm in London, but that's a bit too far away even though their storage options are affordable. I found another location in Milton, but that is still a bit on the distant side.
Welcome to the forum, Ross!

The only suggestion I can make is to check out those places that rent storage "stalls" by the month. They may have outdoor space that works for you douring the summer, and who knows, even indoor for those wonderful Toronto winters.

If you don't want to drive, you gotta know it'll be pricey within the Toronto City borders, much less in the GTA. But for a guy that just bought a new AS, what's money, right?
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB International
Toronto , Ontario
Thanks for the advice!

I guess I'm looking for the perfect blend of convenience, affordability, and security. I googled "RV Storage" and found quite a few places. There is actually one place about 5 minutes from my house, but I worry about security. I've lived in the city all of my life, so I'm not overly paranoid about crime. But it seems to me that the odds of a break in, vandalism, etc would have to be much higher in the city.

Aage: Prior to buying the Airstream we were considering getting a cottage. So, the Airstream seems mighty affordable in comparison! ;-)
Toronto_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #5
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Welcome to the forums from a neighbour just down the QEW!

There are a couple of places here in Burlington that are quite decent. We had our trailer at Queensway Storage for a number of years and they were great. They have a couple of guard dogs that they put out at night - you don't want to go near them! I noticed that you mentioned that you almost bought a cottage. So why don't you do what we did - we moved our trailer to a seasonal campground. Now we have our "cottage" that we can go to on weekends (our site is 20 minutes from our house), plus we can pull the trailer out at any time and go travelling. They also offer winter storage (on your site, or in a compound if you want to travel in the winter). It is only about $2000 for the year and we get to enjoy the trailer.

If you would like more details of the park send me a note.

Enjoy the Airstreaming life.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Thanks for the advice!

I guess I'm looking for the perfect blend of convenience, affordability, and security. I googled "RV Storage" and found quite a few places. There is actually one place about 5 minutes from my house, but I worry about security. I've lived in the city all of my life, so I'm not overly paranoid about crime. But it seems to me that the odds of a break in, vandalism, etc would have to be much higher in the city.
The best security is what you don't see.
When you get your trailer, and no matter where you store it, hide the stuff that would make it a target, and leave a curtain open so would-be thieves can see there's nothing to see. If it's locked up like Fort Knox, people will think it has to have something valuable inside.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Aage: Prior to buying the Airstream we were considering getting a cottage. So, the Airstream seems mighty affordable in comparison! ;-)
I get that, man. Some cottages, you could buy a decent AS with just the taxes for a few years!

Seriously, I understand your problem; you're going to want to load up the TT when you travel, so who wants a trip to London as a warm-up?

Best of luck, you'll find that "blend" you seek...
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote