Old 09-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I had same question about upstairs

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #44
Rivet Master
2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Storage. 60 foot long by 12 foot wide. Storing body parts for my 1940 Ford Tudor street rod right now. Keep the porch and patio furniture up there during the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:13 AM   #45
1 Rivet Member
1962 22' Safari
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Grayling , Michigan
Trailer carport

We had this car port built in 2009 for the 30' trailer seen here. Purchased a 2014 30' Flying Cloud yesterday...needless to say it will replace this pictured one. We ordered it through a utility trailer company in Grayling Mi. and they had a sub-contractor build it. It had hurricane tie-downs and we added steel corrugated panels on the top parameter to prevent side rain and snow in.
Safari62 Always looking for the silver lining in the gray clouds...
Safari 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member
1973 29' Ambassador
Seattle , Washington
This is cool. We are working to devleop plans for a new building on our 2 acres.

Must look good along with the house (no metal sides).

will be cut into the hillside.

Want to store the AS (29') and room for a car and work/storage areas downstairs. Looking at 36 deep, 35 wide, 14' high for the first floor. Doors on the east side

The second floor would be a seperate apartment we'd rent out 2 bed, 2 bath, panoramic windows on the east side. This would not be accessible from the garage, you'd walk in level from the top of the hill into the west side of the upstairs.

I'm trying to decide on how big the door(s) have to be.

I'm thinking a 12' tall by 16' wide on the north end of the east side would give me room to back the AS in from a 90 degree angle (give me enough swing) and still park a car beside the AS occassionally.

I know everyone says to go bigger than we need, but I really don't want an overwhelming large shop. We're also expanding the house (detached) so we don't need to store "house stuff" in the shop. it will be exclusively for AS, working on cars, etc.
dcheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #47
Rivet Master
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina

Here is mine.... heated by natural gas...usually to about 55-60º F. Has drains in floor, 50 Amp shore power which I think is shown, and a clean out along with fresh water source on the curb side, back water flush supply on the road side. Garage is total of 58 feet long about 15 feet wide.

Airstream_Garage_01.24.15 by, on Flickr

Two of the walls are about nine feet underground, so in summer, even when 90º + outside the garage, has never exceeded 83º F inside unless the doors are left open for several hours. On the other side of the garage (curb side) are three car bays about 23' deep.

Lighting is by sodium vapor lamps which provide the equivalent of about 1000 watts incandescent lighting. Also, motion activated LED floods light things up whenever one enters the garage.

Overall i am quite pleased as this allows me to keep the trailer open as noted in the photo and I can work in it at any time by simply cranking up the gas heat to about 70º.
Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #48
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
V-e-r-y nice, Msmoto.

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote