Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Sierrapapa, I would not leave your unit plugged into shore power for a month or more while in storage as you could cook the water out of the batteries. Be sure it is fully charged when you put it in storage and then hook up a Battery Minder to the batteries and turn off the battery disconnect. It will be ready to go when you are...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
My guess would be time and temp work to remove plasticizer in the vinyl, making it shrink causing more stress in the ceiling curve as it is trying to make a straight line.
When I checked my ceiling vinyl AS either cut it too short or shrinkage is pulling it away from edge. It's not dropping so the glue is still working.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #17

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
My understanding is Airstreams first shot at the soft headliners was not very good, the adhesive didn't work properly and let go in most units. As far as storage while plugged in, make sure and get a multi stage charger to keep from boiling the batteries dry.
Mine stays plugged in 24/7 with a multistage charger and I've had no issues.
A rain sensing Fantastic fan will automatically open and discharge the hot air while keeping the insides dry...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Being in Phoenix, our 19-foot Bambi sits outside in 110+ degree weather every summer; and we don't use the air conditioner or open the ceiling vents. We bought it new in 1995 and the inside seems to have survived the heat just fine, sort of like what you'd expect with your car or tow vehicle. We put sun shades in the windows, but I'm unsure whether that really helps much. It mainly keeps people from snooping inside, which is pretty difficult anyway due to the heavily smoked glass.

In the past couple of years, we have had a couple of weeks each year when it is 115-118 degrees, so we are not particularly concerned about it sitting in the heat. I would worry more about the severe cold and snow in the northern states. We don't worry about pipes freezing or water damage. Also, hail is extremely rare in Phoenix; and if we ever see any, pea or marble size is about as big as it gets.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
My guess would be time and temp work to remove plasticizer in the vinyl, making it shrink causing more stress in the ceiling curve as it is trying to make a straight line.
When I checked my ceiling vinyl AS either cut it too short or shrinkage is pulling it away from edge. It's not dropping so the glue is still working.

I wonder if a product like 303 would prevent that from happening, or would it turn the liner yellow in a few years and not be worth doing?
Anybody use anything other than water and some soap to keep it nice?
Old 07-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #20

2016 30' Flying Cloud
New Caney , Texas
Storing 2016 AS Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk in Texas Heat

We keep our 2016 AS Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk stored in our shop. It is a large metal building with some insulation. It does get hot inside the shop. We have a dedicated 50amp circuit for the trailer to run the A/C as needed. Since we are new AS owners, I am trying to determine the best way to store the AS when we are not using during the summer heat. We live about 35 miles north of Houston so the heat and humidity are pretty high. I have a thermometer inside the AS that measures temp and humidity. I also have a small dehumidifier running inside the trailer. Without A/C running the range of temp is 72 deg to 97 deg. Humidity ranges from 30% to 43%.

What are the recommended practices for storing AS trailers in the summer? A/C on or off? Vents open or closed? etc... I am looking for advice as to the best way to store my trailer during the heat of the summer inside a metal building.

Malli35998 is offline   Reply With Quote